Millisecond Forums

Inquisit/Qualtrics Integration

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic17360.aspx

By GradStudent5656 - 10/11/2015

I have been working on integrating the Inquisit software between two Qualtrics surveys.  I have it set up so that Inquisit is receiving my Unique ID from Qualtrics via a URL parameter.   I also have the software redirect the participant back to a Qualtrics survey.  According to previous forum posts, Inquisit should sent the URL parameter back automatically, however that is not happening.  It was working previously, and based on the data output does not seem to be now.  Is there a reason that the software is receiving it, but not automatically sending that information back?  Qualtrics support tested it on their end, and everything is set up appropriately to receive that information as intended. Is there anything I can do to make this work?

By Dave - 10/11/2015

I have seen a few instances where a certain combination of launch method and browser leads to query parameters being dropped for no apparent reason, specifically I've seen this happen once or twice with Internet Explorer 11 and the Web Player launch method. You can either use a different browser or launch method, and it should work.

However, if it happens across different browsers something else is amiss, i.e., you have some kind of configuration error in your setup. Note that query parameters coming into the launch page will only be preserved if the URL to redirect to is specified via the web script wizard. If your Inquisit *scripts* override that finish URL via by setting defaults.finishpage, all incoming query parameters will be discarded.

If you want to provide the link to the respective web experiment, I'll be happy to give the configuration a look and see if I can spot any issues.
By seandr - 3/9/2020

Please see the following help topic for detailed instructions on integrating with Qualtrics, Sona, and other 3rd party platforms: 
https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/howto/interopsurveys.htm