Millisecond Forums

Assigning Multiple Values to One Picture

https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic17875.aspx

By nonamenick - 12/2/2015

So, I'm new to inquisit and I'm having trouble with lists. The experiment involves showing many of these slides where a volunteer will pick the left side for a fixed win or the right side for a gamble. This is an example of the slide with a 25% win chance of $20:

As i have the program now, a volunteer can pick the left side and win $5, or select the left side, however I have not figured out how to get the proper percentages for the gambling tasks. Winning percentages vary from 13%,25%,38%,50% and 75%. The amount they can win varies from 5,8,25,50,125. I understand there is an itemprobabilities function under lists, I am uncertain if this would work for what I am trying to do here. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

-Nick

By Dave - 12/17/2015

If you reverse the order in which you sample from

<trial choicetrial>
/ ontrialbegin = [values.prob=list.slideprob.nextvalue; values.probamount=list.slidevalues.nextvalue; values.win=0; ]
</trial>

to

<trial choicetrial>
/ ontrialbegin = [values.probamount=list.slidevalues.nextvalue; values.prob=list.slideprob.nextvalue; values.win=0; ]
</trial>

it'll work. Selection in <list slideprob> and <picture risk_slides> *depend on* selection in <list slidevalues>, i.e. the very first thing you need to do is sample from <list slidevalues>.