Millisecond Forums

Question for SC-IAT Coding

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic19358.aspx

By DummyCoder - 7/2/2016

Hello, 

I have been trying to get a Single Category - IAT code to work but I have been having problems with one of the errors in the script. I used the template provided by the Single Category Picture IAT in the library section on the website but the same error occurs when I try to run the script even when I have not made any adjustments (although running the test online works).

Here's the part of the code that has the error: 

<expressions>
/ m1 = values.sum1 / values.n1
/ m2 = values.sum2 / values.n2
/ sd1 = sqrt((values.ss1 - (values.n1 * (expressions.m1 * expressions.m1))) / (values.n1 - 1))
/ sd2 = sqrt((values.ss2 - (values.n2 * (expressions.m2 * expressions.m2))) / (values.n2 - 1))
/ sd = sqrt((((values.n1 - 1) * (expressions.sd1 * expressions.sd1) + (values.n2 - 1) * (expressions.sd2 * expressions.sd2)) + ((values.n1 + values.n2) * ((expressions.m1 - expressions.m2) * (expressions.m1 - expressions.m2)) / 4) ) / (values.n1 + values.n2 - 1) )
/ d = (m2 - m1) / expressions.sd
/ latdiff = m2 - m1
/ attitude = "unknown"
/ percentcorrect = (values.n_correct/ (block.compatibletest.trialcount + block.incompatibletest.trialcount)) * 100
</expressions>

And the error is: Expressions 'computer.touch' is invalid. Expression contains an unknown element or property name. 

Thank you for your help in advance!
By Dave - 7/3/2016

The <expressions> you pasted do not contain the computer.touch property referenced in the error, i.e., that <expressions> element is not where the error originates.

The computer.touch property is new to Inquisit 5 syntax. If you were to run the script in either a lower version (Inquisit 4.0.x.x) or an outdated Inquisit 5 version, you would get that error. Given that you are able to run the script online, I suspect the latter is the case. Make sure you download and install the latest Inquisit 5 Lab version available via https://www.millisecond.com/download/ and the script should work.
By DummyCoder - 7/3/2016

Thank you! I love you Dave