Millisecond Forums

How to quit Inquisit mid-trial? / How to preview a specific trial page?

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic20035.aspx

By ranascavage - 11/2/2016

Hi, I'm currently working on a Reading the Mind in the Eyes test/task and was looking to do some cosmetic changes on picture placement/text size etc. I searched through the forums and the Help section and didn't have much luck finding a solution, so I thought I would try posting in here.

I was wondering:

1. Is there a way to preview an individual trial section instead of having to run the whole script?
2. If not, is there a way to be able to quickly exit out of the program? I'm finding that Inquisit gets stuck (Windows 10 Enterprise 64) and not even killing the process in Task Manager stops it. I end up having to reboot the computer.

I'm hoping this isn't something that has already been addressed, my apologies if so.

Thank you for any and all help.

By Dave - 11/2/2016

> 1. Is there a way to preview an individual trial section instead of having to run the whole script?

Yes. In the editor, put the cursor in the element you wish to execute (e.g. a <block>, a <trial>), invoke the context menu and select "Run (name of the element)". Alternatively, put the cursor in the element and hit F11.

> 2. If not, is there a way to be able to quickly exit out of the program?

Pressing CTRL+Q will terminate the running script.
By ranascavage - 11/2/2016

Dave (11/2/2016)
> 1. Is there a way to preview an individual trial section instead of having to run the whole script?

Yes. In the editor, put the cursor in the element you wish to execute (e.g. a <block>, a <trial>), invoke the context menu and select "Run (name of the element)". Alternatively, put the cursor in the element and hit F11.

Perfect, thank you.

By mmolet - 4/27/2019

Dave - Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Hi, this is odd but "pressing control and Q" is not working on my MAC (note: I am using a trial version of INQUISIT 5), how do you fix this troubleshooting?
By Dave - 4/28/2019

mmolet - Saturday, April 27, 2019
Dave - Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Hi, this is odd but "pressing control and Q" is not working on my MAC (note: I am using a trial version of INQUISIT 5), how do you fix this troubleshooting?

Most likely, the CTRL key is disabled or remapped on your system, you should be able to review and change the settings for modifier keys  in the Mac's Keyboard Preferences pane.

Image result for mac keyboard preferences