Millisecond Forums

How can I see my D Score but not have it show up when taking the IAT?

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic21152.aspx

By natty_4 - 3/22/2017

Hello,
I made two IAT's for an experiment I am proctoring in my school. One group is shown their D Score and the other is not shown their D Score. I have figured out how to make it so that the D Score is not shown for one of my groups, but in doing so, I can't see it in the summary section of my IAT. In other words, it will show me the scores for individual words, but not the final D Score. Is there any way I can make it so that the D Score won't show while a student is taking the IAT but I can see it later?
Thanks!
By Dave - 3/22/2017

natty_4 - Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Hello,
I made two IAT's for an experiment I am proctoring in my school. One group is shown their D Score and the other is not shown their D Score. I have figured out how to make it so that the D Score is not shown for one of my groups, but in doing so, I can't see it in the summary section of my IAT. In other words, it will show me the scores for individual words, but not the final D Score. Is there any way I can make it so that the D Score won't show while a student is taking the IAT but I can see it later?
Thanks!

> it will show me the scores for individual words

There is no such thing as a D-score for individual words. What you see in a *raw* data file is a running, continuously updated calculation of the overall D-score on a trial-by-trial basis. Thus, the final line in the raw data file for a given participant *is* the final D-score.

A few additional remarks:
> "I have figured out how to make it so that the D Score is not shown for one of my groups"
For any of the Inquisit 4 and 5 IAT scripts available in the library, this is as simple as setting the /showsummaryfeedback value or parameter to 'false', as detailed in the scripts' comments.

Whether you show the D-score to participants or not has no effect whatsoever on the D-score's calculation. And unless you made some other unnecessary changes or mistakes, the D-score will be logged to *both* the raw and the summary data file -- again regardless of whether you chose to show it to participants or not.

By natty_4 - 3/22/2017

Dave - Wednesday, March 22, 2017
natty_4 - Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Hello,
Thanks!

> it will show me the scores for individual words

There is no such thing as a D-score for individual words. What you see in a *raw* data file is a running, continuously updated calculation of the overall D-score on a trial-by-trial basis. Thus, the final line in the raw data file for a given participant *is* the final D-score.

A few additional remarks:
> "I have figured out how to make it so that the D Score is not shown for one of my groups"
For any of the Inquisit 4 and 5 IAT scripts available in the library, this is as simple as setting the /showsummaryfeedback value or parameter to 'false', as detailed in the scripts' comments.

Whether you show the D-score to participants or not has no effect whatsoever on the D-score's calculation. And unless you made some other unnecessary changes or mistakes, the D-score will be logged to *both* the raw and the summary data file -- again regardless of whether you chose to show it to participants or not.

Thank You! This clears up a lot of my confusion.