Millisecond Forums

Inquisit to Qualtrics SubjectID Duplicate

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic22042.aspx

By canlabstudies - 7/5/2017

Hi everyone, 
I am trying to link a Qualtrics study and an Inquisit task (on Millisecond) together. First qualtrics, then inquisit and then back to qualtrics.
However, while going to from inquisit to qualtrics, the "subjectid" duplicates itself.
I put "?subjectid=${e://Field/subjectid}" at the end of the link to go to inquisit.
And I put "?subjectid=<%script.subjectid%>" at the end of the link to go to qualtrics.
It used to work perfectly but now if I used "test" as the subjectid in this case, duplication happens in the name while going from Inquisit to Qualtrics. In the column for subjectid in the csv from data distribution in qualtrics, the cell is "test,test", and the new qualtrics link ends with "?subjectid=test&subjectid=test". But there is no duplication of subjectid in the inquisit files.
Has anyone encountered this?
Thanks!

By Dave - 7/6/2017

canlabstudies - Thursday, July 6, 2017
Hi everyone, 
I am trying to link a Qualtrics study and an Inquisit task (on Millisecond) together. First qualtrics, then inquisit and then back to qualtrics.
However, while going to from inquisit to qualtrics, the "subjectid" duplicates itself.
I put "?subjectid=${e://Field/subjectid}" at the end of the link to go to inquisit.
And I put "?subjectid=<%script.subjectid%>" at the end of the link to go to qualtrics.
It used to work perfectly but now if I used "test" as the subjectid in this case, duplication happens in the name while going from Inquisit to Qualtrics. In the column for subjectid in the csv from data distribution in qualtrics, the cell is "test,test", and the new qualtrics link ends with "?subjectid=test&subjectid=test". But there is no duplication of subjectid in the inquisit files.
Thanks!

> And I put "?subjectid=<%script.subjectid%>" at the end of the link to go to qualtrics.

This should be unnecessary and is probably what leads to the duplication. Your Inquisit Web launch page will automatically preserve any query parameters that are passed *in* to the page and will automatically append them to any outgoing URL specified in your web experiment's settings. If you simply remove the

?subjectid=<%script.subjectid%>

par from the link you specified, it should work just fine / without any duplication.
By canlabstudies - 7/7/2017

Dave - Thursday, July 6, 2017
Hi everyone, 
Thanks!

> And I put "?subjectid=<%script.subjectid%>" at the end of the link to go to qualtrics.

This should be unnecessary and is probably what leads to the duplication. The your Inquisit Web launch page will automatically preserve any query parameters that are passed *in* to the page and will automatically append them to any outgoing URL specified in your web experiment's settings. If you simple remove the

from the link you specified, it should work just fine / without any duplication.

Thanks for your response! It worked! I really appreciate your help!
By juju - 3/13/2018

Hi everyone, 
Thanks!

This should be unnecessary and is probably what leads to the duplication. Your Inquisit Web launch page will automatically preserve any query parameters that are passed *in* to the page and will automatically append them to any outgoing URL specified in your web experiment's settings. If you simply remove the

par from the link you specified, it should work just fine / without any duplication.

I have ad additional question related to this point. I managed to link an Inquisit script to a Qualtrics using both subjectid and groupid but then when redirecting from Qualtrics to Inquisit with both subjectid and groupid set to URL parameter it does not work telling me "Failed to get subject id. The url has no parameter named 'groupid'."
However, in the link generated from Qualtrics I clearly have this info at the end of the link: ".web?subjectid=555&?groupid=1".
Has anyone tried successfully with both subjectid and groupid?

By Dave - 3/13/2018

juju - Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Hi everyone, 
Thanks!

I have ad additional question related to this point. I managed to link an Inquisit script to a Qualtrics using both subjectid and groupid but then when redirecting from Qualtrics to Inquisit with both subjectid and groupid set to URL parameter it does not work telling me "Failed to get subject id. The url has no parameter named 'groupid'."
However, in the link generated from Qualtrics I clearly have this info at the end of the link: ".web?subjectid=555&?groupid=1".

> ".web?subjectid=555&?groupid=1".

If that is the link you generate in Qualtrics, it is misspecified. Query parameters in URLs work this way:
- The _first_ query parameter is indicated by a question mark (?). The question mark basically means "now here be query parameters."
- Any _additional_ query parameter is indicated by an ampersand (&).
- Additional question marks in the URL should generally be avoided.

In other words, with

there is in fact no query parameter called "groupid" -- the parameter in that URL is technically called "?groupid".

Change the link you assemble on the Qualtrics-side to read like this

> ".web?subjectid=555&groupid=1".

and things will work just fine.
By juju - 3/13/2018

Dave - Tuesday, March 13, 2018
juju - Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Hi everyone, 
Thanks!

If that is the link you generate in Qualtrics, it is misspecified. Query parameters in URLs work this way:
- The _first_ query parameter is indicated by a question mark (?). The question mark basically means "now here be query parameters."
- Any _additional_ query parameter is indicated by an ampersand (&).
- Additional question marks in the URL should generally be avoided.

In other words, with

there is in fact no query parameter called "groupid" -- the parameter in that URL is technically called "?groupid".

Change the link you assemble on the Qualtrics-side ought to read like this:

> ".web?subjectid=555&groupid=1".

and things will work just fine.

Yep, it works! (so obvious now that I see it ;-)
Thanks