Millisecond Forums

Record data in different variables for practice and test trials

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic23825.aspx

By xpsi - 2/4/2018

Dear all,

I would be very grateful for your help regarding a basic question.

I programmed a priming experiment and am uncertain how to best solve an issue regarding the recorded data. I partially defined different "values."-variables for practice trials (block1) and test trials (block2) - e.g., for tracking the presented stimuli. In the raw data, the values for the last trial of block 1 are listed in all trials of block 2 (in the practice variables, which should record no data in block 2).

My first idea was to solve this issue with the "onblockend" command - for instance: / onblockend = [values.stimulipractice = 0; etc.]

Is this the way to solve the issue or is there a better solution?

I'd be happy for any advice on this matter! And apologies if this is already documented somewhere.

By Dave - 2/5/2018

xpsi - Monday, February 5, 2018
Dear all,

I would be very grateful for your help regarding a basic question.

I programmed a priming experiment and am uncertain how to best solve an issue regarding the recorded data. I partially defined different "values."-variables for practice trials (block1) and test trials (block2) - e.g., for tracking the presented stimuli. In the raw data, the values for the last trial of block 1 are listed in all trials of block 2 (in the practice variables, which should record no data in block 2).

My first idea was to solve this issue with the "onblockend" command - for instance: / onblockend = [values.stimulipractice = 0; etc.]

Is this the way to solve the issue or is there a better solution?

I'd be happy for any advice on this matter! And apologies if this is already documented somewhere.

> My first idea was to solve this issue with the "onblockend" command - for instance: / onblockend = [values.stimulipractice = 0; etc.]

You should do

/ onblockbegin = [values.stimulipractice = ""]

at the start of the _test_ block.
By xpsi - 2/5/2018

I see. Thank you for your prompt reply!