Millisecond Forums

Saving data file to two separate locations

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic23893.aspx

By CraigM - 2/20/2018

Hi.

I was hoping to find a method of saving our Inquisit data files (raw and summary) to two separate locations for the sake of automatically creating backups on a device. I know the "file" attribute can be used to specify where the data file gets saved, but it appears that including two file attributes in the data element does not work; it only saves to one location. Including two separate data elements in a script returns an error from Inquisit. Is there a way to write the script so that it saves two copies of the data files in separate locations? (I know that Windows restore points and saving data files to locations off the actual device are options for backing up our data, but for the sake of this post, I am only interested in knowing if it is possible to use Inquisit to save copies of a data file in two separate locations on the device automatically.)

Thank you for your help.

~Craig
By Dave - 2/20/2018

CraigM - Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Hi.

I was hoping to find a method of saving our Inquisit data files (raw and summary) to two separate locations for the sake of automatically creating backups on a device. I know the "file" attribute can be used to specify where the data file gets saved, but it appears that including two file attributes in the data element does not work; it only saves to one location. Including two separate data elements in a script returns an error from Inquisit. Is there a way to write the script so that it saves two copies of the data files in separate locations? (I know that Windows restore points and saving data files to locations off the actual device are options for backing up our data, but for the sake of this post, I am only interested in knowing if it is possible to use Inquisit to save copies of a data file in two separate locations on the device automatically.)

Thank you for your help.

~Craig

No, Inquisit doesn't currently have the capability to write copies of data files to multiple locations. You would indeed have to rely on some outside mechanism, for example a small command line script run directly after the experiment that would copy the data files to a location of your choosing.
By CraigM - 2/20/2018

Ok, thanks for your reply, Dave.