Millisecond Forums

No script errors, but won't launch

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic23991.aspx

By shane - 3/9/2018

I've a script that won't run or launch, but which does not produce any error messages and validates fine.  I've attempted on a number of machines, all to the same null effect so to speak. Thus, I suppose my question is what could cause a program to not run while also not producing error notifications? 
By shane - 3/9/2018

shane - Friday, March 9, 2018
I've a script that won't run or launch, but which does not produce any error messages and validates fine.  I've attempted on a number of machines, all to the same null effect so to speak. Thus, I suppose my question is what could cause a program to not run while also not producing error notifications? 

It may be that I inadvertently programmed the script using v.5, but am attempting to run it with my licensed copies of v4.  When I download a free trial version of v5 on my lab machines, the script runs fine.  But, As noted, I own v4 so would prefer to use those. If so, how can I correct that?  
By shane - 3/9/2018

It may be that I inadvertently programmed the script using v.5, but am attempting to run it with my licensed copies of v4.  When I download a free trial version of v5 on my lab machines, the script runs fine.  But, As noted, I own v4 so would prefer to use those. If so, how can I correct that?  

I've tried copying the script into v4 and saving it as a v4 script, but it won't launch. I'm assuming then that there is something in the script that isn't one version backward compatible, but why I wouldn't get an error message is still a mystery for me.  Any help will be appreciated! 
By Dave - 3/9/2018

I've tried copying the script into v4 and saving it as a v4 script, but it won't launch. I'm assuming then that there is something in the script that isn't one version backward compatible, but why I wouldn't get an error message is still a mystery for me.  Any help will be appreciated! 

Attach the script here (click +Insert -> Add File) and I'll tell you what's wrong with it. I can't do so without seeing the actual code.
By shane - 3/9/2018

Dave - Friday, March 9, 2018

Attach the script here (click +Insert -> Add File) and I'll tell you what's wrong with it. I can't do so without seeing the actual code.

Thanks!
By Dave - 3/9/2018

Dave - Friday, March 9, 2018

Thanks!

Thanks for attaching the file. There was a stray double-quote in one of your <page> elements, which I've fixed in the file attached below. Generally it's a good idea to properly escape special characters such as quotes when using them in <page>s or within text items (cf. http://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v4/html/language/specialchars.htm ).

Hope this helps!