Millisecond Forums

anchoring experiment

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic24392.aspx

By jens - 3/19/2018

Hello,

I try to program an anchoring experiment a la Kahneman & Tversky. First, participants indicate whether a given quantity is smaller or larger than a "random" anchor. Next, they have to estimate the quantity. Unfortunately, I am unable to present the two related questions in a row. At the moment, I always present the first of the eight estimate questions while the judgment questions are, as wanted, presented in a random manner. So, I can't link the two questions together. As always, suggestions are welcome.

Best wishes Jens
By Dave - 3/19/2018

jens - Monday, March 19, 2018
Hello,

I try to program an anchoring experiment a la Kahneman & Tversky. First, participants indicate whether a given quantity is smaller or larger than a "random" anchor. Next, they have to estimate the quantity. Unfortunately, I am unable to present the two related questions in a row. At the moment, I always present the first of the eight estimate questions while the judgment questions are, as wanted, presented in a random manner. So, I can't link the two questions together. As always, suggestions are welcome.

Best wishes Jens

The /caption atttribute in <caption capniedrig> should read

<caption capniedrig>
/caption = "<%text.tniedrigurteil.item(values.position)%>"
/position = (37%, 45%)
</caption>

for this to work.
By jens - 3/19/2018

Dave - Monday, March 19, 2018
Hello,

Best wishes Jens

<caption capniedrig>
/position = (37%, 45%)
</caption>

for this to work.

Hello,
thanks a lot for this advice. However, the caption is not displayed and inquisit gives a warning that a parameter or a result was out of range in the expression /caption = "<%text.tniedrigurteil.item(values.position)%>" (which is the reason why the caption is not displayed.)

Best wishes Jens
By jens - 3/19/2018

jens - Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Dave - Monday, March 19, 2018
Hello,

Best wishes Jens

<caption capniedrig>
/position = (37%, 45%)
</caption>

for this to work.

Hello,
thanks a lot for this advice. However, the caption is not displayed and inquisit gives a warning that a parameter or a result was out of range in the expression /caption = "<%text.tniedrigurteil.item(values.position)%>" (which is the reason why the caption is not displayed.)

Best wishes Jens

Hello,

I found the error. I forgot to specify the items of the list-element.

Best wishes Jens