Millisecond Forums

Never ending expt, what's wrong?

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic24609.aspx

By CamiloAguirre - 4/20/2018

Hello you all,

I programmed an AMP based on the one I downloaded from Inquisit database, I programmed it on Inquisit 5 but based on the version of the AMP fot Inquisit 4. It is inside a batch with a survey, a short scale and a presentation of images.

When I run it on the computer I programmed it, works perfectly. Everything is alright, but when I run it on a computer with Inquisit 4, the experiment keeps going indefinitely, never stops even when it finishes the cycle established in the batch file, it starts again and again and again. I always have to open the Task Manager to forcibly close it.

Have that ever happened to you? I already made sure everything in my scripts is compatible with Inquisit 4.

Thanks for your time.
By Dave - 4/20/2018

CamiloAguirre - Friday, April 20, 2018
Hello you all,

I programmed an AMP based on the one I downloaded from Inquisit database, I programmed it on Inquisit 5 but based on the version of the AMP fot Inquisit 4. It is inside a batch with a survey, a short scale and a presentation of images.

When I run it on the computer I programmed it, works perfectly. Everything is alright, but when I run it on a computer with Inquisit 4, the experiment keeps going indefinitely, never stops even when it finishes the cycle established in the batch file, it starts again and again and again. I always have to open the Task Manager to forcibly close it.

Have that ever happened to you? I already made sure everything in my scripts is compatible with Inquisit 4.

Thanks for your time.

Put the scripts and all files necessary to run them in a ZIP, attach it here (click +Insert -> Add File) and I'll take a look. I really can't answer your question without seeing the actual code.
By CamiloAguirre - 4/20/2018

Thank you Dave, I really appreciate it

Just run any of the batch files in the first directory, Experimento - PRE.iqx or Experimento - POST.iqx

In the Inquisit 5, everything goes perfect but the problem is only running in the Inquisit 4. I want to know if the problem is in the script or my computer.