Millisecond Forums

Change word colour for an emotional Stroop task

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic24677.aspx

By sherry09 - 4/30/2018

Hello, 
I was wondering what colours can use for words in an emotional stroop task. I was able to change the word colour from yellow to purple but I can't seem to be able to change it to orange. I would was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction? 

Thanks in advance :) 
Sherry09
By Dave - 4/30/2018

sherry09 - Monday, April 30, 2018
Hello, 
I was wondering what colours can use for words in an emotional stroop task. I was able to change the word colour from yellow to purple but I can't seem to be able to change it to orange. I would was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction? 

Sherry09

The colors for the various categories are defined in <list>s:

<list Aggression_selectcolor>
/items = (red, green, blue, yellow)
/replace = false
</list>

<list colorword_selectcolor>
/replace = false
</list>

<list practiceword_selectcolor>
/replace = false
</list>

If you want to use orange instead of yellow, replace yellow in the above lists with orange, as in

/items = (red, green, blue, orange)
/replace = false
</list>
By sherry09 - 4/30/2018

Dave - Monday, April 30, 2018
Hello, 

Sherry09

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

If you want to use orange instead of yellow, replace yellow in the above lists with orange, as in

/replace = false
</list>

Hi Dave, 
Thanks for your reply. Yeah that's what I did. Then I tried to validate the script and it came back with errors. Then I tried the same code with the colour Pink and it worked fine. So I am not sure what I am doing wrong?

Thanks! 
Sherry
By Dave - 5/1/2018

Hello, 

Sherry09

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

Hi Dave, 
Thanks for your reply. Yeah that's what I did. Then I tried to validate the script and it came back with errors. Then I tried the same code with the colour Pink and it worked fine. So I am not sure what I am doing wrong?

Thanks! 
Sherry

I'd have to see your actual script to say what / where the error is. For the record, I've made the change exactly as outlined in my previous reply and it did not result in any errors for me -- script runs fine, and the words are displayed in orange as they should.

Attach your script here (click +Insert -> Add File) and I'll give it a look.
By Dave - 5/1/2018

Dave - Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Hello, 

Sherry09

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

Hi Dave, 

Thanks! 
Sherry

I'd have to see your actual script to say what / where the error is. For the record, I've made the change exactly as outlined in my previous reply and it did not result in any errors for me -- script runs fine, and the words are displayed in orange as they should.

Attaching the script I modified below in case you want to compare it to yours or check if you get the same error when running it.
By sherry09 - 5/1/2018

Hello, 

Sherry09

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

Hi Dave, 

Thanks! 
Sherry

Attaching the script I modified below in case you want to compare it to yours or check if you get the same error when running it.

That is amazing! Thank you so much :) 
Sherry09