Millisecond Forums

Screen goes black during participant audio recording

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic24852.aspx

By mjp2246 - 5/8/2018

I'm using a script that presents text stimuli for three minutes while recording participant audio. Occasionally, the text stimuli will disappear in the middle of the recording and the screen will go black. Once the rest of the three minutes pass, the experiment continues, but the audio for that trial stops recording when the screen turned black. This problem doesn't happen every time the experiment is run, but it happens with different stimuli each time, and I can't find anything in the script that would cause the recording to end prematurely. We've had this issue in the past, and it has resolved for a bit after updating Inquisit to the latest version. I have updated to 5.6.11, but I'm still having this issue. Is there anything in my script that I might be missing that would be causing this problem?
By Dave - 5/8/2018

mjp2246 - Tuesday, May 8, 2018
I'm using a script that presents text stimuli for three minutes while recording participant audio. Occasionally, the text stimuli will disappear in the middle of the recording and the screen will go black. Once the rest of the three minutes pass, the experiment continues, but the audio for that trial stops recording when the screen turned black. This problem doesn't happen every time the experiment is run, but it happens with different stimuli each time, and I can't find anything in the script that would cause the recording to end prematurely. We've had this issue in the past, and it has resolved for a bit after updating Inquisit to the latest version. I have updated to 5.6.11, but I'm still having this issue. Is there anything in my script that I might be missing that would be causing this problem?

> Is there anything in my script that I might be missing that would be causing this problem?

I cannot answer that without seeing the actual script. You can attach files to a post by clicking +Insert -> Add File.