Millisecond Forums

Running Inquisit 5 script on Inquisit 3?

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic25141.aspx

By inquisituser22 - 6/20/2018

Hello,
I am writing to ask if it is possible to run a script I wrote on Inquisit 5 on Inquisit 3, and if not, what might need to be changed?

Thank you!
By Dave - 6/20/2018

inquisituser22 - Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Hello,
I am writing to ask if it is possible to run a script I wrote on Inquisit 5 on Inquisit 3, and if not, what might need to be changed?

Thank you!

No, it's not possible to run an Inquisit 5 script under Inquisit 3 -- the Inquisit 5 script will make use of many syntax features that simply do not exist in Inquisit 3. You'd have to strip all of these out and replace them with Inquisit 3 syntax-compliant equivalents (insofar as any exist -- for some things there are none).
By inquisituser22 - 6/21/2018

Dave - Wednesday, June 20, 2018
inquisituser22 - Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Hello,

Thank you!

No, it's not possible to run an Inquisit 5 script under Inquisit 3 -- the Inquisit 5 script will make use of many syntax features that simply do not exist in Inquisit 3. You'd have to strip all of these out and replace them with Inquisit 3 syntax-compliant equivalents (insofar as any exist -- for some things there are none).

Ok thank you for letting me know. I see a few old message board threads with people converting their Inquisit 4 scripts to Inquisit 3. Do you have any resources you would recommend for this? I realize I could upgrade the license, though because I am tight on funds I am thinking of trying to first convert to Inquisit 4, then Inquisit 3.

Thank you for your help!