Millisecond Forums

iPad offline/online issue

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic25246.aspx

By S F - 7/15/2018

Hi! We have a task working great on the iPad when its not stored locally and run offline. When we run it offline, our audio (which are all videos) have a media file error, which tells us that the audio file (an mp4) is not playable and that it can't load it. I've attached the task (the script is context_4_kids.iqx) and I've also had the same problem after converting everything to mp3s and having the script call on mp3s instead.

Anyone hear of a similar issue? Any tips? 
Thanks! 
By Dave - 7/16/2018

S F - Sunday, July 15, 2018
Hi! We have a task working great on the iPad when its not stored locally and run offline. When we run it offline, our audio (which are all videos) have a media file error, which tells us that the audio file (an mp4) is not playable and that it can't load it. I've attached the task (the script is context_4_kids.iqx) and I've also had the same problem after converting everything to mp3s and having the script call on mp3s instead.

Anyone hear of a similar issue? Any tips? 
Thanks! 

Hmm, if Inquisit throws a media file error, this indicates there's something wrong with the respective media file(s), i.e. they cannot be rendered. What that is, I cannot tell you, but I would try different encodings. It may also be that some of the files perhaps got corrupted during the download to the offline storage. Finally, just as a safeguard, try specifying all file names in the script in all-lowercase letters. Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there.