Millisecond Forums

Display multiple response messages

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic25305.aspx

By hbednarz - 7/20/2018

I'm working on a task in which a video will play continuously in the background and trials will be defined as specified windows of time in which a "driving hazard" is on screen. I would like to record responses continuously throughout the task, so that if a person presses the button multiple times when a hazard is on screen, all of those latencies are recorded. I think I have that part worked out - however, I would also like to display a feedback image each time they press the button (the picture will be the same each time). I've tried using the /errormessage, /correctmessage, and /responsemessage functions of trial, but I have only been able to get it to display a message once per trial. Is there a way to display response feedback multiple times during a trial and simultaneously record the latencies of each button press?

Thanks!
-Haley

<trial social>
/trialduration = 3000
/ ontrialbegin = [values.extra=""; ]
/validresponse = (anyresponse)
/correctresponse = (2)
/responsemessage = (2, redcircle, 200)
/ isvalidresponse = [if(trial.social.response == 2) {values.extra=concat(concat(values.extra, ","), trial.social.latency); false}]
</trial>

<block driving_expt>
/trials = [1-8 = social]
/response = free
/recorddata = true
/bgstim = (driving_video, sometext)
/screencolor = black
</block>
By Dave - 7/20/2018

hbednarz - Friday, July 20, 2018
I'm working on a task in which a video will play continuously in the background and trials will be defined as specified windows of time in which a "driving hazard" is on screen. I would like to record responses continuously throughout the task, so that if a person presses the button multiple times when a hazard is on screen, all of those latencies are recorded. I think I have that part worked out - however, I would also like to display a feedback image each time they press the button (the picture will be the same each time). I've tried using the /errormessage, /correctmessage, and /responsemessage functions of trial, but I have only been able to get it to display a message once per trial. Is there a way to display response feedback multiple times during a trial and simultaneously record the latencies of each button press?

Thanks!
-Haley

<trial social>
/trialduration = 3000
/ ontrialbegin = [values.extra=""; ]
/validresponse = (anyresponse)
/correctresponse = (2)
/responsemessage = (2, redcircle, 200)
/ isvalidresponse = [if(trial.social.response == 2) {values.extra=concat(concat(values.extra, ","), trial.social.latency); false}]
</trial>

<block driving_expt>
/trials = [1-8 = social]
/response = free
/recorddata = true
/bgstim = (driving_video, sometext)
/screencolor = black
</block>

> Is there a way to display response feedback multiple times during a trial and simultaneously record the latencies of each button press?

No, I'm afraid there is not.