Millisecond Forums

Is there some type of "splash screen" I can set up at the end of my tasks?

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic25341.aspx

By stefaniafranja - 7/25/2018

Hi there, 
currently when my participants reach the end of their task, it takes them back to the programming page, and they just see a bunch of code. Is there anyway to program the task so when they reach the end it goes to a blank screen / something that says "this is the end of the task, wait for the experimenter" ?
Any advice is much appreciated :) 
Stefania 
By Dave - 7/25/2018

stefaniafranja - Wednesday, July 25, 2018
Hi there, 
currently when my participants reach the end of their task, it takes them back to the programming page, and they just see a bunch of code. Is there anyway to program the task so when they reach the end it goes to a blank screen / something that says "this is the end of the task, wait for the experimenter" ?
Stefania 

Sure. You can simply run a <trial> at the very end that displays a message of your choosing. Or you can create a simple instruction <page> like

<page endmessage>
^This is the end of the task, please wait for the experimenter.
</page>

and display it via your script's <expt> elements' /postinstructions.

<expt>
/ postinstructions = (endmessage)
</expt>
By stefaniafranja - 7/26/2018

Dave - Wednesday, July 25, 2018
stefaniafranja - Wednesday, July 25, 2018
Hi there, 
Stefania 

Sure. You can simply run a <trial> at the very end that displays a message of your choosing. Or you can create a simple instruction <page> like

<page endmessage>
^This is the end of the task, please wait for the experimenter.
</page>

and display it via your script's <expt> elements' /postinstructions.

<expt>
/ postinstructions = (endmessage)
</expt>

Hello Dave, 
Thank you! that works exactly how I wanted it to! Awesome :)
Thanks so much for your help with all my issues!
stefania