Millisecond Forums

Issue with Button to Download Inquisit from Apple Store

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic25448.aspx

By promero - 8/21/2018

Hello, 

I was testing my task as a participant and I got the following error when trying to download the Inquisit player from the Apple store: 

I was using an iPhone 6S. 

My testing starts in a week. Will this be fixed beforehand? 

Thanks!
By Dave - 8/21/2018

promero - Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Hello, 

I was testing my task as a participant and I got the following error when trying to download the Inquisit player from the Apple store: 

Thanks!

Could you please post the link to the experiment's start page? Thanks.
By seandr - 8/21/2018

Hello.

I've tested out our launch page on a few different iOS devices, and the link opens up the Inquisit Player page in the App Store just fine. So, this doesn't appear to be a general problem.
I can think of a couple of possibilities here:
1) Your iPhone is running an old version of iOS and needs to be updated
2) There's something specific about your launch page configuration that causes the page link to fail.

Check your iOS version and install any updates that are available. If the problem still persists, please send a link to your page. 
Thanks,
Sean

By promero - 8/21/2018

seandr - Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Hello.

I've tested out our launch page on a few different iOS devices, and the link opens up the Inquisit Player page in the App Store just fine. So, this doesn't appear to be a general problem.
2) There's something specific about your launch page configuration that causes the page link to fail.

Check your iOS version and install any updates that are available. If the problem still persists, please send a link to your page. 
Thanks,
Sean

Dave - Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Hello, 

Thanks!

Could you please post the link to the experiment's start page? Thanks.

https://mili2nd.co/rgjb?record_id=1
By promero - 8/21/2018

Hello.

Thanks,
Sean

HI,

I checked I was using the latest iOS version. 
The link to the launch page is: https://mili2nd.co/rgjb?record_id=1

Thanks! 
By Dave - 8/21/2018

Hello.

Thanks,
Sean

HI,

I checked I was using the latest iOS version. 
The link to the launch page is: https://mili2nd.co/rgjb?record_id=1

Thanks! 

Thanks for the start page URL. The page and link looks fine. I suspect there's either a misconfiguration or a hiccup re. your iPhone's Safari. Things to check and try:
- Go to Settings -> Genera -l> Restrictions -> Safari. Make sure it is "allowed" or turned on (swipe to green). Exit out of settings and retry.
- Check if "Installing App" in Settings -> General -> Restrictions is allowed. If not, toggle it to on, exit out of settings and retry.
- If the above two don't apply, go to Safari settings, and clear cookies and website data. Then restart the iPhone and try again.

Please let us know what you find.