Millisecond Forums

InquisitLab Touch input on Laptops?

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic25508.aspx

By chunhoilauhk - 9/12/2018

Hi All,

Does anyone have experience running Inquisitlab experiments on touch screen enabled PC laptops such as the Lenovo yoga or similar? Is it possible?

I know on the "features" of the Inquisitlab page it says it supports Microsoft Surface devices, but i'm not sure if this extends to other touch-screen enabled laptops as well.

Ideally we would have ran the experiments on the iPad with a web license, but it's too cost prohibitive for our study grant. Right now we use a MacBook and use an app called "Duet" to run it on the iPad, but we're trying to streamline the procedure.

Thanks!

By Dave - 9/12/2018

chunhoilauhk - Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Hi All,

Does anyone have experience running Inquisitlab experiments on touch screen enabled PC laptops such as the Lenovo yoga or similar? Is it possible?

I know on the "features" of the Inquisitlab page it says it supports Microsoft Surface devices, but i'm not sure if this extends to other touch-screen enabled laptops as well.

Ideally we would have ran the experiments on the iPad with a web license, but it's too cost prohibitive for our study grant. Right now we use a MacBook and use an app called "Duet" to run it on the iPad, but we're trying to streamline the procedure.

Thanks!

Yes, Inquisit Lab should generally work fine with touch-capable laptops. If the script is configured for keyboard input and there is a physical keyboard present, Inquisit Lab will default to keyboard input. If you explicitly tailor your scripts for mouse (/inputdevice = mouse) or touch screen (/inputdevice = touchscreen) input, though, the laptops' touch screens should work as expected, even if a physical keyboard is present.