Millisecond Forums

Assigning labels in a VAS/slider

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic25823.aspx

By Daanvann - 10/2/2018

Hi there everyone!

I am trying to program a generalized labeled magnitude scale in which participants have to rate intensity on a scale from 0-100. I want to use semantic labels at various points on the scale: no sensation (0), barely detectable (1.4), weak (6), moderate (17), strong (35), very strong (51), strongest imaginable sensation (100).

So far I haven't found if it's possible to pin your labels to specific points on a slider/VAS. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Kind regards,
Daan
By Dave - 10/2/2018

Daanvann - Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Hi there everyone!

I am trying to program a generalized labeled magnitude scale in which participants have to rate intensity on a scale from 0-100. I want to use semantic labels at various points on the scale: no sensation (0), barely detectable (1.4), weak (6), moderate (17), strong (35), very strong (51), strongest imaginable sensation (100).

So far I haven't found if it's possible to pin your labels to specific points on a slider/VAS. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Kind regards,
Daan

If you're using a <slider>, you can do this by specifying lots of labels, leaving most of them blank and filling only those corresponding to the specific scale points you wish to label. I.e.

<slider example>
/ labels = ("a","", "b", "c", "", "", "", "", "", "d")
/ range = (0,10)
</slider>

<surveypage mypage>
/ questions = [1=example]
</surveypage>
By Daanvann - 10/3/2018

Dave - Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Daanvann - Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Hi there everyone!

Kind regards,
Daan

If you're using a <slider>, you can do this by specifying lots of labels, leaving most of them blank and filling only those corresponding to the specific scale points you wish to label. I.e.

<slider example>
/ labels = ("a","", "b", "c", "", "", "", "", "", "d")
/ range = (0,10)
</slider>

<surveypage mypage>
/ questions = [1=example]
</surveypage>

Thanks for this. Creative solution!