Millisecond Forums

Adding additional trials to the crsd_ant without interfering with the ANT data.

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic26107.aspx

By George Newman - 11/22/2018

Hey there

i want to add 4 additional questions to the crsd_ant script (to be presented either before or after the ANT itself). I can code in the block order ect but I'm worried that the RT data from these trials will be included in the calulations for the ANT itself. These are custom trial elements of the form:

<trial mq1HarmInt>
/ stimulusframes = [1= harmint, scale, anchor1, b1, b2, b3, b4, b5, b6, anchor7, b7, question]
/ inputdevice = mouse
/ validresponse = (b1, b2, b3, b4, b5, b6, b7)
</trial>

Can I get the simple 1-7 response without having latency or correctness data mess up expressions part of the crsd_ant script of the the calculations in the crsd_ant_listsorting script?

thanks
By George Newman - 11/22/2018

I had the idea that I could add 

/onblockbegin = [values.completed = 1]

to the first block after the ANT was finished. Does this lock the values counts etc from this point on? Because if so the subsequent trials wont impact the expressions will they? 

I don't think there would be any problem if the extra questions are before the ANT as the ANT_practice block resets all lists and values?

By Dave - 11/22/2018

George Newman - Thursday, November 22, 2018
Hey there

i want to add 4 additional questions to the crsd_ant script (to be presented either before or after the ANT itself). I can code in the block order ect but I'm worried that the RT data from these trials will be included in the calulations for the ANT itself. These are custom trial elements of the form:

<trial mq1HarmInt>
/ stimulusframes = [1= harmint, scale, anchor1, b1, b2, b3, b4, b5, b6, anchor7, b7, question]
/ inputdevice = mouse
/ validresponse = (b1, b2, b3, b4, b5, b6, b7)
</trial>

Can I get the simple 1-7 response without having latency or correctness data mess up expressions part of the crsd_ant script of the the calculations in the crsd_ant_listsorting script?

thanks

> Can I get the simple 1-7 response without having latency or correctness data mess up expressions part of the crsd_ant script of the the calculations in the crsd_ant_listsorting script?

Yes, you can. There is no risk of the added <block> / <trial>s contaminating the other RT calculations.