Millisecond Forums

Tobii Studio Pro and Tobii

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic26158.aspx

By tecnika - 12/5/2018

Hello,

I was wondering if it possible to coregister eyetracking data with Tobii Studio Pro and the Screen Recording function. We wanted to use Inquisit 5 with Tobii plugin while screen recording with Tobii Pro Studio. I had a go with a trial version of Tobii Studio Pro and I don't know if it's for this reason that's failing to save the data. They are going to use the same eyetracker, may be this a major problem?

As alternative, is there a way to plot the data collected after testing (in a similar way that an eyetracking software package can do)?

Thank you,

Elena
By tecnika - 12/5/2018

the Tobii is a TX-300
By Dave - 12/5/2018

tecnika - Thursday, December 6, 2018
the Tobii is a TX-300

You should be able to plot the Inquisit-collected gaze point data using a suitable software package as usual. You can in addition have Inquisit capture screen shots of every trial (cf. the /screencapture attribute), so you can overlay the gaze point data over the visuals to generate heat maps or the like.
By tecnika - 12/6/2018

Dave - Thursday, December 6, 2018
the Tobii is a TX-300

You should be able to plot the Inquisit-collected gaze point data using a suitable software package as usual. You can in addition have Inquisit capture screen shots of every trial (cf. the /screencapture attribute), so you can overlay the gaze point data over the visuals to generate heat maps or the like.

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply. Can the datafile be uploaded in Tobii Studio? Or could you please advice on software that can help up with the data plotting that don't require a lot of coding?

Also is there a quick way to record in the data file when the gaze coordinates fall in an area of interest and the cumulative fixation time per area of interest similarly to what Tobii studio does? I can see in the preferential looking example in the library you can set a aoi threshold and count and that the area of interest that hit the threshold is recorded as response per trial... 
 However I would like to be able to see the cumulative fixation time for 4 different areas of interest for each trial/condition and experiment, gaze by gaze rather than having to analize the data offline. 
Thank you

By Dave - 12/7/2018

tecnika - Friday, December 7, 2018
Dave - Thursday, December 6, 2018
the Tobii is a TX-300

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply. Can the datafile be uploaded in Tobii Studio? Or could you please advice on software that can help up with the data plotting that don't require a lot of coding?

Also is there a quick way to record in the data file when the gaze coordinates fall in an area of interest and the cumulative fixation time per area of interest similarly to what Tobii studio does? I can see in the preferential looking example in the library you can set a aoi threshold and count and that the area of interest that hit the threshold is recorded as response per trial... 
 However I would like to be able to see the cumulative fixation time for 4 different areas of interest for each trial/condition and experiment, gaze by gaze rather than having to analize the data offline. 
Thank you

To the best of my knowledge, Tobii Studio does not support importing and analyzing raw gaze data only. One option for processing the data, creating plots, etc. would be the MatLab toolbox detailed in https://link.springer.com/article/10.3758/s13428-011-0149-x (the homepage is http://gazealyze.sourceforge.net/ ).

As for having Inquisit calculate and log the cumulative fixation times for a set of different AOIs online, that should be possible using the approach Sean sketched out here: https://www.millisecond.com/forums/FindPost14474.aspx