Millisecond Forums

Sharing Participant IDs between Qualtrics and Inquisit

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic26219.aspx

By ashleym - 12/20/2018

Hello,

I am building a survey that needs to go from Qualtrics to an Inquisit Web task and then back to Qualtrics, but I am having issues with the "subject ID" transferring from Qualtrics to Inquisit. I have followed the instructions here: https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/howto/interopsurveys.htm.

On Qualtrics, I created an Embedded Data element in Survey Flow called "subjectid" by using the piped text feature to generate a random number. Then, in Survey Options, I selected the Redirect to URL option and pasted the Inquisit task launch page URL and followed it with "?subjectid=${e://Field/subjectid}"
On Inquisit, I changed how participant ID numbers should be generated to URL Parameter and called the parameter "subjectid"

When I test the survey, I am redirected to the Inquisit launch page but there is no "?subjectid=" at the end of the URL and I receive the message "Failed to get subject id. The URL has no parameters."

The random number generator seems to work in Qualtrics because a column for that variable and random numbers appear in the data file, and the Inquisit piece also seems to work alone because the URL ends in "?subjectid=1" if I go to the launch page directly through Inquisit, so it seems like there is something about the sharing across the sites that is a problem but I cannot figure out the issue. I have looked through the message boards and support files on Qualtrics and Inquisit and I cannot resolve the issue.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Also, please let me know if this a Qualtrics issue.

Thank you!

By Dave - 12/20/2018

ashleym - Thursday, December 20, 2018
Hello,

I am building a survey that needs to go from Qualtrics to an Inquisit Web task and then back to Qualtrics, but I am having issues with the "subject ID" transferring from Qualtrics to Inquisit. I have followed the instructions here: https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/howto/interopsurveys.htm.

On Qualtrics, I created an Embedded Data element in Survey Flow called "subjectid" by using the piped text feature to generate a random number. Then, in Survey Options, I selected the Redirect to URL option and pasted the Inquisit task launch page URL and followed it with "?subjectid=${e://Field/subjectid}"
On Inquisit, I changed how participant ID numbers should be generated to URL Parameter and called the parameter "subjectid"

When I test the survey, I am redirected to the Inquisit launch page but there is no "?subjectid=" at the end of the URL and I receive the message "Failed to get subject id. The URL has no parameters."

The random number generator seems to work in Qualtrics because a column for that variable and random numbers appear in the data file, and the Inquisit piece also seems to work alone because the URL ends in "?subjectid=1" if I go to the launch page directly through Inquisit, so it seems like there is something about the sharing across the sites that is a problem but I cannot figure out the issue. I have looked through the message boards and support files on Qualtrics and Inquisit and I cannot resolve the issue.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Also, please let me know if this a Qualtrics issue.

Thank you!

The problem is definitely on the Qualtrics-side of your setup, so I cannot really help you here. Qualtrics is responsible for adding the parameter and including it when redirecting to Inquisit, Inquisit has no control over that.
By ashleym - 12/20/2018

Dave - Thursday, December 20, 2018
ashleym - Thursday, December 20, 2018
Hello,

Thank you!

The problem is definitely on the Qualtrics-side of your setup, so I cannot really help you here. Qualtrics is responsible for adding the parameter and including it when redirecting to Inquisit, Inquisit has no control over that.

Thanks so much for getting back to me! I will check with Qualtrics.