Millisecond Forums

Tobii Eyetracker Error 2: 'Invalid attribute name for Tobii eyetracker.' [function setAttributeValue]

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic26275.aspx

By Musashi Jason - 1/23/2019

Hello,

I am attempting to use a Tobii Pro X2-60 with Inquisit 5 on an Apple MacBook Pro. I have installed the eyetracker driver and TobiiProEyeTracker Manager. The eye tracker is connecting to my computer and I was able to perform calibration through the Manager software package.

I have purchased and enabled the Tobii plugin from Millisecond.

In my test script, downloaded from the Millisecond web site (the kittensorpuppies script) I changed the IP address to coincide with the IP that my eye tracker is using. 

However, I continue to get the error listed in the subject line ('Invalid attribute name for Tobii eyetracker').

I restarted Inquisit thinking maybe it had not established a connection with the eyetracker as I had it running when I connected the eye tracker and set it up but that did not change anything. Below is the attribute from the script:

<eyetracker>
/ plugin = "tobii"
/ ipaddress = "169.254.43.221"
/ calibrationmode = "HV3"
</eyetracker>

Note - I removed the original duration threshold setting as I was experimenting but that seems to have been irrelevant to my current issue.

Any advice available will be sincerely appreciated.

Regards

Jason
By Musashi Jason - 1/23/2019

Musashi Jason - Wednesday, January 23, 2019
Hello,

I am attempting to use a Tobii Pro X2-60 with Inquisit 5 on an Apple MacBook Pro. I have installed the eyetracker driver and TobiiProEyeTracker Manager. The eye tracker is connecting to my computer and I was able to perform calibration through the Manager software package.

I have purchased and enabled the Tobii plugin from Millisecond.

In my test script, downloaded from the Millisecond web site (the kittensorpuppies script) I changed the IP address to coincide with the IP that my eye tracker is using. 

However, I continue to get the error listed in the subject line ('Invalid attribute name for Tobii eyetracker').

I restarted Inquisit thinking maybe it had not established a connection with the eyetracker as I had it running when I connected the eye tracker and set it up but that did not change anything. Below is the attribute from the script:

<eyetracker>
/ plugin = "tobii"
/ ipaddress = "169.254.43.221"
/ calibrationmode = "HV3"
</eyetracker>

Note - I removed the original duration threshold setting as I was experimenting but that seems to have been irrelevant to my current issue.

Any advice available will be sincerely appreciated.

Regards

Jason

Sorry, I guess I should have experimented a bit more. I adjusted the script a bit more and now everything works fine. Completely removing the following two lines made everything work:

/ipaddress = "
/calibrationmode = "

apparently, those two settings were not needed...?

Regards

Jason