Millisecond Forums

Attributing itemprobabilities from list

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic26345.aspx

By JSerek - 1/31/2019

Hello everyone,

I couldn't find related topic, so I will start a new one. If there is already an answer to my question, please redirect me there.

Problem description:

In order to sum outcomes of lotteries - so that lotteries are really being played behind the scenes - I would like to attribute item probabilities values from another list to /itemprobabilities element like this:

<list lotA>
/ itemprobabilities = [values.pXA; values.pYA]
/ items = (1, 0)
/ poolsize = 5
/ resetinterval = 0
</list>

Values pXA is set to 1 and pYA to 0 in the <values> section. Later on the beggining of each trial I attribute probabilities form list.pXA and list.pYA to these values elements. And the results that are being shown on the screen are correct, but my list.lotA isn't really taking these newly selected values, instead it's using probabilities ascribe in <values> section, so values.pXA is always 1 and values.pYA is always 0. 

Is it possible in Inq5 to ascribe selected values from one list to values in /itemprobabilities element? And if so, how can I do it? 
By Dave - 1/31/2019

JSerek - Friday, February 1, 2019
Hello everyone,

I couldn't find related topic, so I will start a new one. If there is already an answer to my question, please redirect me there.

Problem description:

In order to sum outcomes of lotteries - so that lotteries are really being played behind the scenes - I would like to attribute item probabilities values from another list to /itemprobabilities element like this:

<list lotA>
/ items = (1, 0)
/ poolsize = 5
/ resetinterval = 0
</list>

Values pXA is set to 1 and pYA to 0 in the <values> section. Later on the beggining of each trial I attribute probabilities form list.pXA and list.pYA to these values elements. And the results that are being shown on the screen are correct, but my list.lotA isn't really taking these newly selected values, instead it's using probabilities ascribe in <values> section, so values.pXA is always 1 and values.pYA is always 0. 

Is it possible in Inq5 to ascribe selected values from one list to values in /itemprobabilities element? And if so, how can I do it? 

At some point during the task, you need to set the two values to the values sampled from the lists and then reset the lotA list for it to take on the new itemprobabilities:

<values>
/ pXA = 1
/ pYA = 0
</values>

<list pXA>
/ items = (0.8)
</list>

<list pYA>
/ items = (0.2)
</list>

<list lotA>