Millisecond Forums

syntax changes from Inquisit 4 to 5

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic26475.aspx

By tecnika - 2/21/2019

Hello,
Would it be possible to have a list of all syntax changes from Inquisit 4 to 5?

In few occasion the script that were compatible with 4 are no longer working with the version 5 and having a list of all changes will save us a lot of time. What I remembered to have changed so far was valid response when using cedrus response box and "constat".

Elena
By Dave - 2/21/2019

tecnika - Friday, February 22, 2019
Hello,

In few occasion the script that were compatible with 4 are no longer working with the version 5 and having a list of all changes will save us a lot of time. What I remembered to have changed so far was valid response when using cedrus response box and "constat".

Elena

Generally speaking, there should be no Inquisit 4 syntax that does not work under Inquisit 5. I'm not sure what issue you have run into.
By tecnika - 2/21/2019

Dave - Friday, February 22, 2019
Hello,

Elena

Generally speaking, there should be no Inquisit 4 syntax that does not work under Inquisit 5. I'm not sure what issue you have run into.

It happened in two occasion that I had to change the scripts to make them work. In both occasions the scripts were working fine with version4.

One example is vadiresponse --> isvalidresponse; another that I have recently seen is that "constant" does not work in version5 and needs to be replaced with the number itself. 
By Dave - 2/21/2019

Dave - Friday, February 22, 2019
Hello,

Elena

It happened in two occasion that I had to change the scripts to make them work. In both occasions the scripts were working fine with version4.

One example is vadiresponse --> isvalidresponse; another that I have recently seen is that "constant" does not work in version5 and needs to be replaced with the number itself. 

> One example is vadiresponse --> isvalidresponse;

That should only happen when going from Inquisit 5 down to Inquisit 4, not the other way around.