Millisecond Forums

Block Feedback

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic26489.aspx

By 1234567 - 2/26/2019

Hi there,

I have a block of trials that repeats until the participant reaches 100%. I would like to add some text between repeats to let them know that they will be repeating the block - how can I do this?

The trials in the block also branch to error trials meaning that when I include block feedback, the percentage correct calculated includes these trials. Is there a way to calculate and report percentage correct for a subset of trials?

This is one of my block scripts:

<block Test1>
/trials = [1-4=noreplace(indiv_test_T1, cat_test_T1)]
/onblockend = [list.indiv_face_1_T1.reset();list.cat_face_1_T1.reset()]
/correcttarget=(percentcorrect, 100, 3)
/blockfeedback=(correct)
</block>

By Dave - 2/26/2019

1234567 - Tuesday, February 26, 2019
Hi there,

I have a block of trials that repeats until the participant reaches 100%. I would like to add some text between repeats to let them know that they will be repeating the block - how can I do this?

The trials in the block also branch to error trials meaning that when I include block feedback, the percentage correct calculated includes these trials. Is there a way to calculate and report percentage correct for a subset of trials?

<block Test1>
/blockfeedback=(correct)
</block>

You can set up a <page> element that displays a message that the block will be repeated and display that <page> per the <block>'s /postinstructions

As for excluding the the error trials from any calculations, you can do that by using performance metric functions and /branch insteat of /correcttarget.

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v4/html/language/expressions/functions.htm

percentcorrect(trial.indiv_test_T1, trial.cat_test_T1)
By 1234567 - 2/28/2019

Dave - Wednesday, February 27, 2019
1234567 - Tuesday, February 26, 2019
Hi there,

<block Test1>
/blockfeedback=(correct)
</block>

You can set up a <page> element that displays a message that the block will be repeated and display that <page> per the <block>'s /postinstructions

As for excluding the the error trials from any calculations, you can do that by using performance metric functions and /branch insteat of /correcttarget.

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v4/html/language/expressions/functions.htm

percentcorrect(trial.indiv_test_T1, trial.cat_test_T1)

Thanks for your help