Millisecond Forums

Inserting instructions to the survey element

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic26737.aspx

By gsu - 4/7/2019

Hello, 
For some reason I'm having a hard time including a page element within the survey element. To give more context: I want to have an instructions page before I ask a yes/no question. So I created a page element for my instructions. However, the code keeps giving an error saying that it "could not locate the page element" and that "trial 1 is unassigned". Here is my code for that particular block so that it would make more sense to you. What am I doing wrong? Thanks so much in advance for your help!

<survey rel_feedback>
/ pages = [1 = intro_relfeedback; 2 = relfeedback1]
/ responsefontstyle = ("Verdana", -12, false, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ itemfontstyle = ("Verdana", -13, false, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ itemspacing = 2%
/ showpagenumbers = false
</survey>

<page intro_relfeedback>
^^ xxxyyyzzz.
</page>

<surveypage relfeedback1>
/ fontstyle = ("Verdana", -16, true, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ questions = [1=rel_feedback_request]
</surveypage>

<dropdown rel_feedback_request>
/ caption = "Given that this information is of interest to many individuals, you have the option of seeing the results of the analysis. You may also skip seeing the results."
/ options = ("Yes, I would like to see the analysis.", "No, I would like to skip this step.")
/ optionvalues = ("1", "2")
</dropdown>
By Dave - 4/7/2019

gsu - Sunday, April 7, 2019
Hello, 
For some reason I'm having a hard time including a page element within the survey element. To give more context: I want to have an instructions page before I ask a yes/no question. So I created a page element for my instructions. However, the code keeps giving an error saying that it "could not locate the page element" and that "trial 1 is unassigned". Here is my code for that particular block so that it would make more sense to you. What am I doing wrong? Thanks so much in advance for your help!

<survey rel_feedback>
/ itemspacing = 2%
</survey>

<page intro_relfeedback>
^^ xxxyyyzzz.
</page>

</surveypage>

/ caption = "Given that this information is of interest to many individuals, you have the option of seeing the results of the analysis. You may also skip seeing the results."
/ options = ("Yes, I would like to see the analysis.", "No, I would like to skip this step.")
</dropdown>

<page> elements aren't <surveypage> elements. <page> elements are for instructions only, and you can only display them via a <block>'s or <expt>'s /pre- and /postinstructions.

You will want to use a normal <surveypage> for your feedback here.
By gsu - 4/8/2019

Dave - Monday, April 8, 2019
Hello, 

<survey rel_feedback>
/ itemspacing = 2%
</survey>

<page intro_relfeedback>
^^ xxxyyyzzz.
</page>

</surveypage>

</dropdown>

<page> elements aren't <surveypage> elements. <page> elements are for instructions only, and you can only display them via a <block>'s or <expt>'s /pre- and /postinstructions.

what exactly do you mean by a normal <surveypage>? could you give an example of providing feedback while still using surveypage? thanks so much in advance!
By Dave - 4/8/2019

gsu - Monday, April 8, 2019
Dave - Monday, April 8, 2019
Hello, 

<survey rel_feedback>
/ itemspacing = 2%
</survey>

<page intro_relfeedback>
^^ xxxyyyzzz.
</page>

</surveypage>

</dropdown>

what exactly do you mean by a normal <surveypage>? could you give an example of providing feedback while still using surveypage? thanks so much in advance!

<survey rel_feedback>
/ itemspacing = 2%
</survey>

<surveypage intro_relfeedback>
/ caption = "Your intro instructions go here..."
/ subcaption = "... and/or here."
</surveypage>

</surveypage>

</dropdown>