Millisecond Forums

Registering new script

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic27208.aspx

By juliasmith - 5/27/2019

Hi there,

I have a question about registering a new script without losing the old scripts. I currently have one inactive script and one active one and I wish to register a new script. I would like to deactivate the currently active script so that both the old ones are inactive. I can't seem to figure out how to do this. My understanding is that I can unregister the currently active script and that this will delete the script but the data will be preserved. Is there a way to just 'deactive' so that I have two inactive scripts and one new active one? Or is the best option to unregister the currently active script and then upload & register the new script? What happens to the newly unregistered script in that case?

Best,
Julia
By Dave - 5/27/2019

juliasmith - 5/28/2019
Hi there,

I have a question about registering a new script without losing the old scripts. I currently have one inactive script and one active one and I wish to register a new script. I would like to deactivate the currently active script so that both the old ones are inactive. I can't seem to figure out how to do this. My understanding is that I can unregister the currently active script and that this will delete the script but the data will be preserved. Is there a way to just 'deactive' so that I have two inactive scripts and one new active one? Or is the best option to unregister the currently active script and then upload & register the new script? What happens to the newly unregistered script in that case?

Best,
Julia

> Is there a way to just 'deactive' so that I have two inactive scripts and one new active one?

No. You need to unregister the currently active script(s), i.e. remove them from your account. As you noted, this will not delete any data files that were collected with those scripts. The scripts, however, will be deleted from the server. Make sure to save local copies on your computer by clicking the "Download" button next to the scripts you intend to remove. You can then re-upload / re-register the scripts at a later date if need be.