Millisecond Forums

Data export: information where a stimulus was presented

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic27233.aspx

By Maleza - 6/3/2019

Dear all,
In my study I present numbers either on top of the computer screen, or at the bottom.
I have a list of 32 numbers which are randomly presented and they randomly appear at the top or the bottom and participants have to type in an estimation.

<counter vpositions1>
/ items = (95,5)
/ select = noreplace
/ selectionmode = random
</counter>

I need to know which number was presented where. How can I create an output in which I can see that? Ideally, every "trial" the answers two the 32 number would appear in a difefrent row fopr each participant.
Thank you very much for your help

Best,
Lea
By Dave - 6/3/2019

Maleza - 6/3/2019
Dear all,
In my study I present numbers either on top of the computer screen, or at the bottom.
I have a list of 32 numbers which are randomly presented and they randomly appear at the top or the bottom and participants have to type in an estimation.

<counter vpositions1>
/ items = (95,5)
/ select = noreplace
/ selectionmode = random
</counter>

I need to know which number was presented where. How can I create an output in which I can see that? Ideally, every "trial" the answers two the 32 number would appear in a difefrent row fopr each participant.
Thank you very much for your help

Best,
Lea

Just log the relevant stimulus element's vposition property:

<data>
/ columns = [date time group subject build blocknum trialnum blockcode trialcode response correct latency stimulusitem stimulusitem text.values.vposition]
</data>