Millisecond Forums

Adding borders to images?

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic27284.aspx

By inquisituser22 - 6/13/2019

Hello,
I am working on modifying the Approach Avoidance script to instruct participants to pull/push in response to different colored borders around the images, rather than if the images are landscape or portrait, as the script currently is. I have not been able to find a way to add colored borders yet however - I would be appreciative if someone could please let me know if this something Inquisit 5 is able to do, or would it be best for me to add borders in a separate photo editing software?

Thank you!!
By Dave - 6/13/2019

inquisituser22 - 6/13/2019
Hello,
I am working on modifying the Approach Avoidance script to instruct participants to pull/push in response to different colored borders around the images, rather than if the images are landscape or portrait, as the script currently is. I have not been able to find a way to add colored borders yet however - I would be appreciative if someone could please let me know if this something Inquisit 5 is able to do, or would it be best for me to add borders in a separate photo editing software?

Thank you!!

The way to create borders would be to put a colored <shape> or other <picture> element under the stimulus image that's slightly larger than the stimulus image. Then scale that <picture> or <shape> along with the stimulus image in the zoom-in and zoom-out trials. Alternatively, use your preferred image editing software to simply create colored borders in the original stimulus images.
By Dave - 6/13/2019

Dave - 6/13/2019
inquisituser22 - 6/13/2019
Hello,

Thank you!!

The way to create borders would be to put a colored <shape> or other <picture> element under the stimulus image that's slightly larger than the stimulus image. Then scale that <picture> or <shape> along with the stimulus image in the zoom-in and zoom-out trials. Alternatively, use your preferred image editing software to simply create colored borders in the original stimulus images.

I'm attaching a simple example to illustrate the idea below; this implements borders during the practice blocks via a <picture> element (<picture practiceborder>) displaying differently colored images underneath the target image.
By inquisituser22 - 6/14/2019

Thank you so very much for these directions and especially for the example!! I am very thankful!