Millisecond Forums

Defining a password to start

https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic27766.aspx

By JessicaEMFarias - 9/15/2019

Hi!

I would like to set up a password that participants will have to type for o be able to start an experiment. I tried to do that by setting a trial linked to a text element. I tried to define that the only answer that could be accepted would be "jogodospontos" by using / validresponse= ("jogodospontos"), but it does not seem to work. Can you help me with that?

By JessicaEMFarias - 9/19/2019

Dave - 9/19/2019
JessicaEMFarias - 9/19/2019
Dave - 9/17/2019

Here's a data file attached of me running through the script until the first few trials of the test part. It does not freeze.

Yeah, it seems like it was a problem with my computer, but it's solved now. 

Currently I am facing a problem with the pretest balance. In the beginning of the experiment, I set up a pretest with three images to simulate the conditions of the real experiment and train participants beforehand. I have created another variable for the balance in the pretest section (balance_temp2) so that balance starts at zero when the real experiment begins. However, the amount of money is not being updated during the pretest. 

Can you help me with that?

The balance is updated just fine. In your practice trials you /branch to the regular *test* saldo trial, not the *practice* saldo trial. Thus you never display the practice balance.

<trial testedireito>
/ branch = [
if (trial.testedireito.response == 57) trial.testedireito_pause else trial.saldo;
]
</trial>

ought to be

<trial testedireito>
/ branch = [
if (trial.testedireito.response == 57) trial.testedireito_pause else trial.saldoteste;
]
</trial>

Same goes for <trial testeesquerdo>.

I got it! Thank you!