Millisecond Forums

mousemove

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic27962.aspx

By nakayama - 11/7/2019

Hi, Dave
I have the script kindly made by you before.
I wish to design a task that allows to record the mouse initial movement latency, that is, to record the time from no-move to movement initiation.
1) Just to confirm whether using mousemove could achieve this purpose. Because I found sometimes that mouse initial latency recorded by <%values.mm_rt%> was too sensitive in that when I abruptly initiated moving my mouse, values.mm_rt retuned with a larger latency value, like 1s (supposed to be much smaller like 50ms).
is there way to change recording sensitivity or device sensitivity through Inquisit? 
2) Is there a way to record the total mouse movement (configured by time and location) in a frame by frame fashion? so like; frame1: 12:01:02, 300px, 200px; frame2: 12:01:02, 302px,202px.... 
I noticed there was a / draw = pencil to draw the mouse path, maybe is there a way to decode that path and find information about time and location? 
I appreciated your work and your attention;)
By Dave - 11/7/2019

nakayama - 11/8/2019
Hi, Dave
I have the script kindly made by you before.
I wish to design a task that allows to record the mouse initial movement latency, that is, to record the time from no-move to movement initiation.
1) Just to confirm whether using mousemove could achieve this purpose. Because I found sometimes that mouse initial latency recorded by <%values.mm_rt%> was too sensitive in that when I abruptly initiated moving my mouse, values.mm_rt retuned with a larger latency value, like 1s (supposed to be much smaller like 50ms).
is there way to change recording sensitivity or device sensitivity through Inquisit? 
2) Is there a way to record the total mouse movement (configured by time and location) in a frame by frame fashion? so like; frame1: 12:01:02, 300px, 200px; frame2: 12:01:02, 302px,202px.... 
I noticed there was a / draw = pencil to draw the mouse path, maybe is there a way to decode that path and find information about time and location? 
I appreciated your work and your attention;)

1) Yes.
2) No.

As for "I found sometimes that mouse initial latency recorded by <%values.mm_rt%> was too sensitive in that when I abruptly initiated moving my mouse, values.mm_rt retuned with a larger latency value, like 1s (supposed to be much smaller like 50ms)." please show some data actually illustrating this; I'm not able to make this happen, regardless of how abruptly I move the mouse.