Millisecond Forums

Multiple batch files

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic28002.aspx

By Mbrantang - 11/16/2019

Hi, 
I'm trying top put my study online with a randomized order of my conditions. Currently I'm using multiple batch files one for each condition and selecting manually. I am trying to make a batch file to randomly select one of condition batch files. I read in "howto" that this feature is not available at the moment but will be a future option. Is this still the case? Alternatively do someone know of another option for achieving the same result without starting from scratch. 

Thanks,

Magnus
By Dave - 11/17/2019

Mbrantang - 11/16/2019
Hi, 
I'm trying top put my study online with a randomized order of my conditions. Currently I'm using multiple batch files one for each condition and selecting manually. I am trying to make a batch file to randomly select one of condition batch files. I read in "howto" that this feature is not available at the moment but will be a future option. Is this still the case? Alternatively do someone know of another option for achieving the same result without starting from scratch. 

Thanks,

Magnus

You can in fact define multiple conditions in a single batch script like so:

order 1: A -> B
<batch>
/ subjects = (1 of 2)
/ groupassignment = subjectnumber OR groupnumber OR random
/ file = "a.iqx"
/ file = "b.iqx"
</batch>

order 2: B -> A
<batch>
/ subjects = (2 of 2)
/ file = "b.iqx"
/ file = "a.iqx"
</batch>

Choose the appropriate condition assignment method -- by subject number, by group number, or random -- for your purposes in the /groupassignment attribute.
By Mbrantang - 11/24/2019

Dave - 11/18/2019
Mbrantang - 11/16/2019
Hi, 

Thanks,

Magnus

<batch>
/ subjects = (1 of 2)
/ file = "a.iqx"
/ file = "b.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (2 of 2)
/ file = "b.iqx"
/ file = "a.iqx"
</batch>

Choose the appropriate condition assignment method -- by subject number, by group number, or random -- for your purposes in the /groupassignment attribute.
Thanks for the response, Will this select one condition or will it run multiple? I trying to make it run one condition (file) for each time the web test starts and ideally randomly assign said file.  
By Dave - 11/24/2019

Mbrantang - 11/24/2019
Dave - 11/18/2019
Mbrantang - 11/16/2019
Hi, 

Thanks,

Magnus

<batch>
/ subjects = (1 of 2)
/ file = "a.iqx"
/ file = "b.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (2 of 2)
/ file = "b.iqx"
/ file = "a.iqx"
</batch>

Thanks for the response, Will this select one condition or will it run multiple? I trying to make it run one condition (file) for each time the web test starts and ideally randomly assign said file.  

It will run one condition.