Millisecond Forums

Adding text boxes to existing script

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic28012.aspx

By Steve B - 11/20/2019

Hello,
i am working on a slightly modified script of the keyboard antisaccade program available from the test library.  I would like to also gather data on alcohol consumption, in line with the types of questions asked in the timeline follow back (but for alcohol consumption) and the Audit examples from the library.  I am just learning how to put an inquisit script together so apologies for the rookie question, but is it easier to add some text inputs to the antisaccade script or conduct the text-like responses in qualtrics and have the inquisit script point to qualtrics after completion of the antisaccade?
Best
Stephen
By Dave - 11/20/2019

Steve B - 11/20/2019
Hello,
i am working on a slightly modified script of the keyboard antisaccade program available from the test library.  I would like to also gather data on alcohol consumption, in line with the types of questions asked in the timeline follow back (but for alcohol consumption) and the Audit examples from the library.  I am just learning how to put an inquisit script together so apologies for the rookie question, but is it easier to add some text inputs to the antisaccade script or conduct the text-like responses in qualtrics and have the inquisit script point to qualtrics after completion of the antisaccade?
Best
Stephen

It's not hard to set up a survey-type script in Inquisit (see https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/tutorials/demographic_survey/surveytutorial.htm ) and run that after your antisaccade script via a <batch> element or add it as another block to the script proper. The basic skeleton looks like this:

<expt>
/ postinstructions = (end)
/ blocks = [
1 = AntiSaccade_Practice;
2 = Antisaccade;
3 = Alcoholconsumptionsurvey;
]
/ onexptend = [values.completed = 1]
</expt>

<survey alcoholconsumptionsurvey>
/ pages = [1=page1; 2=page2]
/ showpagenumbers = false
/ showquestionnumbers = false
</survey>

<surveypage page1>
/ caption = "Your questions go here:"
/ questions = [1=q1; 2=q2]
</surveypage>

<surveypage page2>
/ caption = "More questions go here:"
/ questions = [1=q3; 2=q4]
</surveypage>

<textbox q1>
/ caption = "Some question about alcohol consumption"
</textbox>

<textbox q2>
/ caption = "Another question about alcohol consumption"
</textbox>

<textbox q3>
/ caption = "Yet another question about alcohol consumption"
</textbox>

<textbox q4>
/ caption = "One more question about alcohol consumption"
</textbox>

If you feel more comfortable with Qualtrics, however, there's nothing wrong with going for that option either.
By Steve B - 11/20/2019

Dave - 11/20/2019
Steve B - 11/20/2019
Hello,
Best
Stephen

It's not hard to set up a survey-type script in Inquisit (see https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/tutorials/demographic_survey/surveytutorial.htm ) and run that after your antisaccade script via a <batch> element or add it as another block to the script proper. The basic skeleton looks like this:

<expt>
/ blocks = [
2 = Antisaccade;
]
</expt>

</survey>

<surveypage page1>
</surveypage>

<surveypage page2>
</surveypage>

<textbox q1>
</textbox>

<textbox q2>
</textbox>

<textbox q3>
</textbox>

<textbox q4>
</textbox>

If you feel more comfortable with Qualtrics, however, there's nothing wrong with going for that option either.

Thank you Dave, i had found that tutorial and could see the elements involved seemed straightforward, i just want sure about mixing it with another script.  That is really helpful thank you.  

I am planning on recruiting participants via prolific, if i incorporate the textboxes as you suggest i wont need to use Qualtrics, i take it i just follow the info here to go back and forth from Proflific?  :  https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/howto/interopsurveys.htm

Best

Stephen
By Dave - 11/20/2019

Steve B - 11/20/2019
Dave - 11/20/2019
Steve B - 11/20/2019
Hello,
Best
Stephen

<expt>
/ blocks = [
2 = Antisaccade;
]
</expt>

</survey>

<surveypage page1>
</surveypage>

<surveypage page2>
</surveypage>

<textbox q1>
</textbox>

<textbox q2>
</textbox>

<textbox q3>
</textbox>

<textbox q4>
</textbox>

Thank you Dave, i had found that tutorial and could see the elements involved seemed straightforward, i just want sure about mixing it with another script.  That is really helpful thank you.  

I am planning on recruiting participants via prolific, if i incorporate the textboxes as you suggest i wont need to use Qualtrics, i take it i just follow the info here to go back and forth from Proflific?  :  https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/howto/interopsurveys.htm

Best

Stephen

Yes, that's correct.
By Steve B - 11/20/2019

Dave - 11/20/2019
Steve B - 11/20/2019
Dave - 11/20/2019
Steve B - 11/20/2019
Hello,
Best
Stephen

<expt>
/ blocks = [
2 = Antisaccade;
]
</expt>

</survey>

<surveypage page1>
</surveypage>

<surveypage page2>
</surveypage>

<textbox q1>
</textbox>

<textbox q2>
</textbox>

<textbox q3>
</textbox>

<textbox q4>
</textbox>

Best

Stephen

Yes, that's correct.

Excellent, thank you very much for your help.