Millisecond Forums

Time counter for less than 1 second

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic28335.aspx

By Thao Pham - 2/24/2020

In my experiment there is a block with 15 trials that participants need to response under time-pressure.  To illustrate this pressure, I'm trying to set 'timeout' in each trial, ideally 850-950 milliseconds.  However, the formats available for timer don't seem to allow this.  When set to "ss:ms", and timeout == 850,  the timer will show 01:01 and then start the counting.  

Could you kindly suggest how I should overcome this or is there some thing else I should do other than using timer?  Thank you in advance!

Thao
By Dave - 2/24/2020

Thao Pham - 2/24/2020
In my experiment there is a block with 15 trials that participants need to response under time-pressure.  To illustrate this pressure, I'm trying to set 'timeout' in each trial, ideally 850-950 milliseconds.  However, the formats available for timer don't seem to allow this.  When set to "ss:ms", and timeout == 850,  the timer will show 01:01 and then start the counting.  

Could you kindly suggest how I should overcome this or is there some thing else I should do other than using timer?  Thank you in advance!

Thao

<clock countdown>
/ format = "zzz"
/ timeout = 850
</clock>

<trial mytrial>
/ stimulusframes = [1=countdown]
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>