Millisecond Forums

Max size of web script on university server

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic29274.aspx

By Jessica_FAU - 6/18/2020

Dear all,
While uploading my files on the Inquisit Web server I have realized that they exceed the maximum capacity of 60MB. Now I would like to use my university server and was wondering if there is any size restriction (or max. MB/GB) from Inquisit Web to run the experiment? In my experiment I have included several videos which will make the total size quite large...
Thank you and best regards,
Jess
By Dave - 6/18/2020

Jessica_FAU - 6/18/2020
Dear all,
While uploading my files on the Inquisit Web server I have realized that they exceed the maximum capacity of 60MB. Now I would like to use my university server and was wondering if there is any size restriction (or max. MB/GB) from Inquisit Web to run the experiment? In my experiment I have included several videos which will make the total size quite large...
Thank you and best regards,
Jess

No, if you host the files yourself, there is no size restriction. Note though that keeping the size as low as possible is in your best interest, because it will speed up the experiment's loading time. If the files involved are extremely large, your participants may experience long download times and downloads may well fail entirely for participants who are on a somewhat slow or unreliable connection.