Millisecond Forums

Will Inquisit keep audio recording responses on their server?

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic29394.aspx

By AbigailNovick - 7/14/2020

Hello,

My experiment will record short clips of subjects speaking on each trial. I would love to use the Inquisit servers to collect my data instead of having to set up my own server.

Does Inquisit save audio data on its servers?

I ran a beta version of my experiment on myself and was able to find the raw and summary data, but not the audio recordings. Do I need to do something special to set this up?

If it is relevant, I am using soundcapture to record the data. When I test the code on my computer, the audio recordings get automatically saved in a "soundcaptures" file on my desktop.

Thank you,
Abby
By Dave - 7/14/2020

AbigailNovick - 7/14/2020
Hello,

My experiment will record short clips of subjects speaking on each trial. I would love to use the Inquisit servers to collect my data instead of having to set up my own server.

Does Inquisit save audio data on its servers?

I ran a beta version of my experiment on myself and was able to find the raw and summary data, but not the audio recordings. Do I need to do something special to set this up?

If it is relevant, I am using soundcapture to record the data. When I test the code on my computer, the audio recordings get automatically saved in a "soundcaptures" file on my desktop.

Thank you,
Abby

Inquisit 6 Web can capture audio files and those files will be saved to the server along with your other data files. Inquisit 5 Web and below cannot capture audio files over the web, regardless of whether you use the millisecond.com server or set up your own.