Millisecond Forums

HTML pages no longer working (Inquisit 5 --> 6).

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic29413.aspx

By itssaraah - 7/15/2020

Hi,

I programmed a study last year using INQUSIT 5, and participants read an information sheet displayed through a HTML element. Since I've upgraded to 6, the HTML has lost the white background, and has the same background as the page setting (in this case black, making the text unreadable). Is there a way I can change the element so that the HTML background is white (and the page background can still be black?). I can change it so the screen colour is white, but would prefer to keep it black for consistency with the rest of the tasks. Below is the current script that worked on IQ5. 

<defaults >
/ txbgcolor = black
/ screencolor = black
/ txcolor = white
/ windowsize = (100,100)
</defaults>

<html Consent>
/items = ("Consent Form IQ.html")
/position = (50%, 40%)
/ size = (70%, 70%)
</html>

Thanks in advance! 
By Dave - 7/15/2020

itssaraah - 7/15/2020
Hi,

I programmed a study last year using INQUSIT 5, and participants read an information sheet displayed through a HTML element. Since I've upgraded to 6, the HTML has lost the white background, and has the same background as the page setting (in this case black, making the text unreadable). Is there a way I can change the element so that the HTML background is white (and the page background can still be black?). I can change it so the screen colour is white, but would prefer to keep it black for consistency with the rest of the tasks. Below is the current script that worked on IQ5. 

<defaults >
/ txbgcolor = black
/ screencolor = black
/ txcolor = white
/ windowsize = (100,100)
</defaults>

<html Consent>
/position = (50%, 40%)
/ size = (70%, 70%)
</html>

Thanks in advance! 

Your HTML code determines the color of the HTML page, as in

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body style="background-color:white;">

<h1>This is a heading</h1>
<p>This is a paragraph.</p>

</body>
</html>
By itssaraah - 7/16/2020

Dave - 7/15/2020
itssaraah - 7/15/2020
Hi,

<defaults >
/ txbgcolor = black
/ screencolor = black
/ txcolor = white
/ windowsize = (100,100)
</defaults>

<html Consent>
/position = (50%, 40%)
/ size = (70%, 70%)
</html>

Thanks in advance!