Millisecond Forums

Soundcapture Attribute

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic29539.aspx

By mri2t - 8/9/2020

Hi Dave,

In Inquisit Help, it says that when soundcapture is used with Inquisit Web, the maximum recording time is 5 minutes.  Is this referring to the max recording time of a trial?  What is the maximum recording time for an experiment in Inquisit Web?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Mri
By Dave - 8/10/2020

mri2t - 8/10/2020
Hi Dave,

In Inquisit Help, it says that when soundcapture is used with Inquisit Web, the maximum recording time is 5 minutes.  Is this referring to the max recording time of a trial?  What is the maximum recording time for an experiment in Inquisit Web?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Mri

It's per-trial if I am not mistaken. There's no strict upper limit per-experiment, but it makes sense to keep it as low as possible -- otherwise the data upload can / will take unduly long.
By mri2t - 8/10/2020

Dave - 8/10/2020
mri2t - 8/10/2020
Hi Dave,

Thank you.

Best regards,
Mri

It's per-trial if I am not mistaken. There's no strict upper limit per-experiment, but it makes sense to keep it as low as possible -- otherwise the data upload can / will take unduly long.

Thanks for the clarification, Dave.

It appears that the max recording time for a trial or a block in Inquisit Web is 5 minutes.  I would like to record audio for an experiment that lasts approximately 30mins.  I am not sure why but the soundcapture attribute does not work under <expt>:

<block naming_verbal>
/ trials = [1 = sequence(warning,naming_verbal)]
</block>

<expt>
/ soundcapture = true
/ preinstructions = (intro)
/ blocks = [1 = naming_verbal]
/ timeout = 1800000
</expt>
============================================
This works but the max recording time is 5 minutes:

<block naming_verbal>