Millisecond Forums

Soundcaptures missing files?

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic29857.aspx

By AbigailNovick - 10/8/2020

This is possibly related to my troubles with downloading soundcapture files.

A huge number of trials are missing? Within a block, I will have trials 1-47, miss trials 48 and 49, have trials 50-55, then miss trials 55-60.

This was not a problem for the first few subjects.

I am worried that Millisecond's servers are struggling to deal with my huge numbers of audio files, and are not saving/downloading them appropriately :(

Is there anyway to look into what's going on with my account?
By Dave - 10/9/2020

AbigailNovick - 10/9/2020

A huge number of trials are missing? Within a block, I will have trials 1-47, miss trials 48 and 49, have trials 50-55, then miss trials 55-60.

I am worried that Millisecond's servers are struggling to deal with my huge numbers of audio files, and are not saving/downloading them appropriately :(

For which subject are these trials missing
By AbigailNovick - 10/9/2020

Dave - 10/9/2020

Subject 25017. Thank you!
By Dave - 10/9/2020

Dave - 10/9/2020

The logs show receipt of 947 audio files for that subject on October 6. Those 947 files are all present in your soundcapture folder and download fine. It's not possible to determine from the logs what happened to the "missing" files if they ever existed in the first place. The theoretical possibilities are:
- No recordings for those trials were made due to a malfunction on the device or user intervention.
- The logs do show a roughly two minute gap between the last audio file received from the client and the redirection to the finish page. This may mean that the partcipant's internet connection went down during that time and the remaining ("missing") files could not be uploaded. If that is the case, those files would still be present on the participant's device. They can trigger upload of those files by opening the Inquisit Player app, going to the "Data" tab, and clicking on the Cloud Upload icon in the upper right corner.
By AbigailNovick - 10/9/2020

Dave - 10/9/2020
Dave - 10/9/2020

The logs show receipt of 947 audio files for that subject on October 6. Those 947 files are all present in your soundcapture folder and download fine. It's not possible to determine from the logs what happened to the "missing" files if they ever existed in the first place. The theoretical possibilities are:
- No recordings for those trials were made due to a malfunction on the device or user intervention.
- The logs do show a roughly two minute gap between the last audio file received from the client and the redirection to the finish page. This may mean that the partcipant's internet connection went down during that time and the remaining ("missing") files could not be uploaded. If that is the case, those files would still be present on the participant's device. They can trigger upload of those files by opening the Inquisit Player app, going to the "Data" tab, and clicking on the Cloud Upload icon in the upper right corner.

That is hugely helpful! Thanks, Dave :)