Millisecond Forums

Is it possible to display a circle the location that participants clicked?

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic30092.aspx

By maya_mcg - 11/10/2020

My experiment includes a task where participants are shown a photo for a given period of time, and they must try to find a small image in that photo. Is it possible to display a circle around where that participans mouse clicked so they can see their prior guesses? Also, would it be possible to limit the number of mouse clicks to 3 guesses, and display on the top of the screen how many guesses they have left?

My current trial code looks like this:

<trial clip>
/ stimulustimes = [1=waldo, scream]
/ timeout = 20000
/ recorddata = true
/ inputdevice = mouse
</trial>

Let me know if anyone has any ideas of a solution! 

:)
Maya
By Dave - 11/10/2020

maya_mcg - 11/10/2020
My experiment includes a task where participants are shown a photo for a given period of time, and they must try to find a small image in that photo. Is it possible to display a circle around where that participans mouse clicked so they can see their prior guesses? Also, would it be possible to limit the number of mouse clicks to 3 guesses, and display on the top of the screen how many guesses they have left?

<trial clip>
/ timeout = 20000
/ recorddata = true
/ inputdevice = mouse
</trial>

Maya

Yeah, all of that is possible. See the attached example.
By maya_mcg - 11/11/2020

Dave - 11/10/2020
maya_mcg - 11/10/2020

<trial clip>
/ timeout = 20000
/ recorddata = true
/ inputdevice = mouse
</trial>

Maya

Yeah, all of that is possible. See the attached example.

Thank you Dave! :)