Millisecond Forums

Converting Inquisit 6 code to Inquisit 5

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic30163.aspx

By fm323 - 11/16/2020

Hi Dave!

Unfortunately I've just realised that my university only has a license for Inquisit 5, but so far all my code is made for Inquisit 6. How would I go about converting these parts to fit Inquisit 5? If I attach my code, could you have a look at it? I have two other scripts, but if you show me how to do it for this one, I can apply it to the others. 

Thanks!
By Dave - 11/16/2020

fm323 - 11/16/2020
Hi Dave!

Unfortunately I've just realised that my university only has a license for Inquisit 5, but so far all my code is made for Inquisit 6. How would I go about converting these parts to fit Inquisit 5? If I attach my code, could you have a look at it? I have two other scripts, but if you show me how to do it for this one, I can apply it to the others. 

Thanks!

You used the BART as your basis. That task exists as an Inquisit 5 version, so you can replicate the modifications using the Inquisit 5 version as your basis.
By fm323 - 11/16/2020

Dave - 11/16/2020
fm323 - 11/16/2020
Hi Dave!

Thanks!

You used the BART as your basis. That task exists as an Inquisit 5 version, so you can replicate the modifications using the Inquisit 5 version as your basis.

I tried this, but apparently there are still some problems. The expressions 'returntrial.showvideo', 'button.end.skip', 'returntrial.init' and 'button.end.skip' it says "Expression contains an unknown element or property name." What do I do about this?
By Dave - 11/16/2020

fm323 - 11/16/2020
Dave - 11/16/2020
fm323 - 11/16/2020
Hi Dave!

Thanks!

I tried this, but apparently there are still some problems. The expressions 'returntrial.showvideo', 'button.end.skip', 'returntrial.init' and 'button.end.skip' it says "Expression contains an unknown element or property name." What do I do about this?

That's all Inquisit 6 syntax. These things do not exist in the Inquisit 5 version of the BART.

Inquisit 5 has no <button> elements, and /branch syntax in Inquisit 5 has no return statement (it's unnecessary). Again, use the Inquisit 5 version of the script as the basis -- re-implement your modiications in the Inquisit 5 version. That's considerably easier and less prone to run into issues than trying to somehow get the Inquisit 6 version of the BART to run under Inqusiit 5.
By fm323 - 11/16/2020

Dave - 11/16/2020
fm323 - 11/16/2020
Dave - 11/16/2020
fm323 - 11/16/2020
Hi Dave!

Thanks!

That's all Inquisit 6 syntax. These things do not exist in the Inquisit 5 version of the BART.

Can I replace these things with alternatives which do exist in Inquisit 5? How do I find what the alternatives would be?
By fm323 - 11/16/2020

fm323 - 11/16/2020
Dave - 11/16/2020
fm323 - 11/16/2020
Dave - 11/16/2020
fm323 - 11/16/2020
Hi Dave!

Thanks!

Can I replace these things with alternatives which do exist in Inquisit 5? How do I find what the alternatives would be?

Okay, I'll give it a go.
By Dave - 11/16/2020

fm323 - 11/16/2020
fm323 - 11/16/2020
Dave - 11/16/2020
fm323 - 11/16/2020
Dave - 11/16/2020
fm323 - 11/16/2020
Hi Dave!

Thanks!

Okay, I'll give it a go.

> Can I replace these things with alternatives which do exist in Inquisit 5? How do I find what the alternatives would be?

Use the Inquisit 5 version of the BART available in the library. The Inquisit 5 version does not use <button> elements, nor does it rely on "return" in any of the /branch attributes or other expressions.