Millisecond Forums

User accounts and shared scripts

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic30335.aspx

By kev_dent - 12/1/2020

Dear Inquisit,

I would like to collaborate with a student on a project, so that we can both edit an inquisit script running on the web.
If I create and activate the script I can edit it, but the student as User can see but not edit the script.
I would like to create the scripts initially and handle the set up, but grant access to certain Users e.g. the student, so that they can edit settings and download the data.
How can I do this?

Thanks

Kevin
By Dave - 12/1/2020

kev_dent - 12/1/2020
Dear Inquisit,

I would like to collaborate with a student on a project, so that we can both edit an inquisit script running on the web.
If I create and activate the script I can edit it, but the student as User can see but not edit the script.
I would like to create the scripts initially and handle the set up, but grant access to certain Users e.g. the student, so that they can edit settings and download the data.
How can I do this?

Thanks

Kevin

> I would like to create the scripts initially and handle the set up, but grant access to certain Users e.g. the student, so that they can edit settings and download the data.
How can I do this?

That's not currently possible. The way to do this would be the other way around. The student (with "User" privileges under the account) would have to perform at least the initial registration of the web experiment (uploading a simple placeholder script would be enough). That will grant them access to the experiment's settings and any associated data. You , as account administrator, can then finalize the setup (account admins have access to all experiments and data under the given account).