Millisecond Forums

Testing formatting on different displays

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic30447.aspx

By Sko - 1/5/2021

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to see how my scrip would run on different screens. Perhaps there is a function that would allow me to run the script in a way that would show how the formatting, images, etc. will look on other screens (e.g., bigger or smaller). I want to run an experiment online but I am afraid that the formatting that people see will be different on different monitors and displays.
P.S. I am already using the code below and percentages to indicate size of text, images etc. to standardize it across displays.
/ canvasaspectratio = (4,3)
/ canvassize = (100%, 100%)

Thank you!
By Dave - 1/5/2021

Sko - 1/5/2021
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to see how my scrip would run on different screens. Perhaps there is a function that would allow me to run the script in a way that would show how the formatting, images, etc. will look on other screens (e.g., bigger or smaller). I want to run an experiment online but I am afraid that the formatting that people see will be different on different monitors and displays.
P.S. I am already using the code below and percentages to indicate size of text, images etc. to standardize it across displays.

Thank you!

To emulate different screen sizes and aspect ratios, you can use /windowsize in <defaults> set to different pixel values.

/ windowsize = (1024px, 768px)

or

/ windowsize = (1600px, 900px)

etc.
By Sko - 1/5/2021

Dave - 1/5/2021
Sko - 1/5/2021
Hello,

Thank you!

To emulate different screen sizes and aspect ratios, you can use /windowsize in <defaults> set to different pixel values.

/ windowsize = (1024px, 768px)

or

/ windowsize = (1600px, 900px)

etc.
That works wonderfully, thank you