Millisecond Forums

Issue online data collection: Success parameter is missing

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic30755.aspx

By peter.k.p - 2/8/2021

Hello Everyone,

I am getting the following error notification when running an experiment online:

"Inquisit was unable to upload data file experiment_stream_17663624_2021-02-08-17-00-11-973. Invalid response returned from server. 'Success' parameter is missing.."

I am collecting mouse tracking data and the file named above is supposed to show the mouse stream. When I run the experiment on my computer there are no issues. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance,
P
By Dave - 2/8/2021

peter.k.p - 2/8/2021
Hello Everyone,

I am getting the following error notification when running an experiment online:

"Inquisit was unable to upload data file experiment_stream_17663624_2021-02-08-17-00-11-973. Invalid response returned from server. 'Success' parameter is missing.."

I am collecting mouse tracking data and the file named above is supposed to show the mouse stream. When I run the experiment on my computer there are no issues. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance,
P

In all likelihood the problem is that the stream data files get so large that they exceed the maximum file size allowed by the AWS API gateway, which then refuses the upload. (The files remain stored on the participant's device, so they are recoverable in principle). We'll have a workaround for that in version 6.4 -- breaking up large files into smaller parts client-side prior to upload -- which we plan to release later this week (Wednesday at the earliest). The best course of action may be to put the study on hold until then.
By peter.k.p - 2/15/2021

Dave - 2/9/2021
peter.k.p - 2/8/2021
Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance,
P

In all likelihood the problem is that the stream data files get so large that they exceed the maximum file size allowed by the AWS API gateway, which then refuses the upload. (The files remain stored on the participant's device, so they are recoverable in principle). We'll have a workaround for that in version 6.4 -- breaking up large files into smaller parts client-side prior to upload -- which we plan to release later this week (Wednesday at the earliest). The best course of action may be to put the study on hold until then.

Thanks, Dave. Since the new version has not been released yet, is there any news on when it will be released?
By Dave - 2/15/2021

peter.k.p - 2/15/2021
Dave - 2/9/2021
peter.k.p - 2/8/2021
Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance,
P

Thanks, Dave. Since the new version has not been released yet, is there any news on when it will be released?

Sorry for the delay, there was a last-minute blocker. Release should occur sometime this week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday.
By peter.k.p - 2/15/2021

Dave - 2/15/2021
peter.k.p - 2/15/2021
Dave - 2/9/2021
peter.k.p - 2/8/2021
Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance,
P

Sorry for the delay, there was a last-minute blocker. Release should occur sometime this week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

Okay, thanks for the update. This will help with my planning. –P