Millisecond Forums

Extra input response in audit output file

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic30836.aspx

By nidhi_desai - 2/16/2021

In the audit output with timing for each trial, stimulus, and responses, I get rows of  "input response" at the end of each trial even when I did not press any buttons during the trials. Could you explain to me why that is the case?
By Dave - 2/16/2021

nidhi_desai - 2/16/2021
In the audit output with timing for each trial, stimulus, and responses, I get rows of  "input response" at the end of each trial even when I did not press any buttons during the trials. Could you explain to me why that is the case?

Even no response is a response. In the regular data files you see no response coded as 0 in the response column, and the corresponding latency will be that trial's response timeout. The input response rows in the audit file reflect the exact same thing.
By nidhi_desai - 2/17/2021

Dave - 2/17/2021
nidhi_desai - 2/16/2021

Even no response is a response. In the regular data files you see no response coded as 0 in the response column, and the corresponding latency will be that trial's response timeout. The input response rows in the audit file reflect the exact same thing.

okay thank you for that information.