Millisecond Forums

Help with continuing to next trial/block

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic30880.aspx

By nlhelp - 2/20/2021

I am new to Inquisit and would really appreciate any help or advice with this.

I am using the template "Cognitive Reflection Test," to try to make a "definition matching" test where participants match the correct definition to words they read prior to this task.

The "Cognitive Reflection Test" has 1 trial, and for this definition matching task I need to have 4 trials (16 words/definitions per trial). I am having a lot of trouble getting the 2nd trial to start: I tried to create a "next" or "submit" text/button (as per Dave's recommendation on someone's thread on this forum) that will activate the next trial (I have tried to put a "branch" under block, trial, and both), but nothing that I have tried has worked. The "next/submit" button either does nothing when clicked or it causes the experiment to crash.

Please let me know if there is something I am missing, or if there is any advice you could give me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

By Dave - 2/21/2021

nlhelp - 2/20/2021
I am new to Inquisit and would really appreciate any help or advice with this.

I am using the template "Cognitive Reflection Test," to try to make a "definition matching" test where participants match the correct definition to words they read prior to this task.

The "Cognitive Reflection Test" has 1 trial, and for this definition matching task I need to have 4 trials (16 words/definitions per trial). I am having a lot of trouble getting the 2nd trial to start: I tried to create a "next" or "submit" text/button (as per Dave's recommendation on someone's thread on this forum) that will activate the next trial (I have tried to put a "branch" under block, trial, and both), but nothing that I have tried has worked. The "next/submit" button either does nothing when clicked or it causes the experiment to crash.

Please let me know if there is something I am missing, or if there is any advice you could give me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I have no real idea what exactly you want to do based on the short description you provided, nor am I convinced that the CRT is a suitable template for what you want to do.

Please provide a sufficiently detailed description.