Millisecond Forums

Visual "Counter Feedback"

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic31018.aspx

By raynae - 3/9/2021

Looking for some help with out to provide accumulative visual feedback for correct answers. I'm planning on programming a sorting task similar to the Wisconsin Card sorting but would like to provide visual feedback that will "count" correct answers. Something like a bar that continuously grows on the screen. Sorry, don't have any code to present just trying to confirm if this is possible with Inquisit before proceeding. 

By Dave - 3/9/2021

raynae - 3/9/2021
Looking for some help with out to provide accumulative visual feedback for correct answers. I'm planning on programming a sorting task similar to the Wisconsin Card sorting but would like to provide visual feedback that will "count" correct answers. Something like a bar that continuously grows on the screen. Sorry, don't have any code to present just trying to confirm if this is possible with Inquisit before proceeding. 

Yes, it's possible. You can of course accumulate the number of correct responses in a <values> entry and size a rectangular <shape> serving as progress bar accordingly.
By raynae - 3/24/2021

Hello, I'm trying to display a total score to participants at the end of a block of trials. Using this code. 

/ ontrialend = [if (trial.trash1.correct = true) values.total = values.total + 1]

<values total>
/total = 0
</values>

however I'm receiving an error that I'm trying to set the value of a read-only property. Not sure how to work around this. 
By Dave - 3/24/2021

raynae - 3/24/2021
Hello, I'm trying to display a total score to participants at the end of a block of trials. Using this code. 

/ ontrialend = [if (trial.trash1.correct = true) values.total = values.total + 1]

<values total>
/total = 0
</values>

however I'm receiving an error that I'm trying to set the value of a read-only property. Not sure how to work around this. 

= is the assignment operator. You need the logical equivalence operator ==.

/ ontrialend = [if (trial.trash1.correct == true) values.total = values.total + 1]