Millisecond Forums

registration issue

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic31251.aspx

By la_1985 - 4/5/2021

Hi,

I was unable to obtain a computer key when installing Inquisit 6 on my computer (MacOS Big Sur). When I open Inquisit on my computer it says "Inquisit has detected an error with it's installation. Please reinstall Inquisit using the installer package." I have reinstalled Inquisit from my Inquisit account, but unfortunately it still didn't work. I have checked my systems preferences and it is not a security issue. I am currently using the free trial, but I have a license and will need to use to run my experiment. 
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks, 
Liz
By Dave - 4/6/2021

la_1985 - 4/5/2021
Hi,

I was unable to obtain a computer key when installing Inquisit 6 on my computer (MacOS Big Sur). When I open Inquisit on my computer it says "Inquisit has detected an error with it's installation. Please reinstall Inquisit using the installer package." I have reinstalled Inquisit from my Inquisit account, but unfortunately it still didn't work. I have checked my systems preferences and it is not a security issue. I am currently using the free trial, but I have a license and will need to use to run my experiment. 
Thanks, 
Liz

Try the following:

To redo the setup on your machine, run Inquisit with the resetup command line option in your Mac's Terminal app:
  /Applications/Inquisit\ 6.app/Contents/MacOS/Inquisit\ 6 --resetup

If that doesn't work directly it could be a permissions problem, in which case running with elevated privileges should do the trick:
  sudo /Applications/Inquisit\ 6.app/Contents/MacOS/Inquisit\ 6 --resetup
By la_1985 - 4/6/2021

Dave - 4/6/2021
la_1985 - 4/5/2021
Hi,

Thanks, 
Liz

Try the following:

To redo the setup on your machine, run Inquisit with the resetup command line option in your Mac's Terminal app:
  /Applications/Inquisit\ 6.app/Contents/MacOS/Inquisit\ 6 --resetup

If that doesn't work directly it could be a permissions problem, in which case running with elevated privileges should do the trick:
  sudo /Applications/Inquisit\ 6.app/Contents/MacOS/Inquisit\ 6 --resetup

Great thank you so much! It is working now :)